Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys
I made a Photoshop template for creating MFT wallpapers. I don't have the update yet so everything is based on the PR photos Ford sent out. I hope you guys can confirm for me that everything is in the right place.

Here is the PSD File

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
This doesn't have to do with wallpaper, but at the bottom there is only the home button and cogs for setting, no "i" for info. Just letting you know what the release didn't include from Ford's pics!

Posted via iPhone 4S

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's the first wallpaper I've seen that actually looked good to me on the new MFT. Way to use the space. Great job!

·
Registered
589 Posts
This doesn't have to do with wallpaper, but at the bottom there is only the home button and cogs for setting, no "i" for info. Just letting you know what the release didn't include from Ford's pics!

Posted via iPhone 4S
That's only true if you have a non-nav system.

Nav systems have the "i" on the bottom because it's not on the top right quadrant.

And that looks really nice, OP!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Thanks Gullwing. I was going to try make a template this weekend (if time permitted) but now I don't need to worry about it.

Thanks again. Good job!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You everyone, I hope this helps. Im waiting to see how that background looks on the actual screen. Ive noticed some stepping in the gradient areas on other wallpapers, so hopefully the flare won't look horrible.

Also If anyone out there could confirm for me that this is what the Climate quadrant of MFT looks like on our cars that would be great. I looked around online and this was the best guess I could find. Im mainly curious if anything else is ever displayed in the area or if its just the 2 temps.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Thank You everyone, I hope this helps. Im waiting to see how that background looks on the actual screen. Ive noticed some stepping in the gradient areas on other wallpapers, so hopefully the flare won't look horrible.

Also If anyone out there could confirm for me that this is what the Climate quadrant of MFT looks like on our cars that would be great. I looked around online and this was the best guess I could find. Im mainly curious if anything else is ever displayed in the area or if its just the 2 temps.

Thanks!
It is just the 2 temps. This template looks great! Awesome idea for the wallpaper. Pop over to Justy's MFT wallpaper thread and add it up there as well, I also posted a really basic wallpaper idea that incorporated an icon representing each quadrant in each corner of the screen, maybe you can take my idea and run with it and combine it with what you've done here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks gullwingdmc! I've been doing some tinkering myself, and this will be a big help! These cross hairs are going to make for some interesting wallpapers[thumb]

·
Registered
683 Posts
Nicely done, Gullwing ... that'll look great on my screen and should inspire some excellent designs.

[cheers]

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that depending on your vehicle software configuration, the Performance Upgrade is now available on the Update & Customize page on the SYNC Owner website. For Navigation-equipped vehicle owners, if you choose to download the upgrade, please note you will have a non-functioning Navigation system until you receive the new SD card by mail.

https://secure.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/UserManagement/Login.aspx

BTW, love the wallpaper,gullwingdmc!

If anyone has questions, let me know.

Jaclyn

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW, love the wallpaper,gullwingdmc!
Thank You Jaclyn :)

I have the Nav so I'm waiting for my SD card to come. I went to my dealer today to get an oil change, I was hoping they would have them but they didn't. I called the 800 number too but they said there is no scheduled date yet for my packet to be sent out. :(

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I noticed that on the actual car display, the wallpaper is *slightly* off. I'll snap a picture later to show you. I noticed finally when I looked at the middle where the cross goes through, it's centered horizontally, but vertically it's slightly off.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I noticed that on the actual car display, the wallpaper is *slightly* off. I'll snap a picture later to show you. I noticed finally when I looked at the middle where the cross goes through, it's centered horizontally, but vertically it's slightly off.
Sounds good let me know I can tweak my template. All 4 quadrants are the same size on the template, so maybe it's different on the system. I noticed on the old MFT the horizontal line is slightly lower than center.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
That might be the case still, I'll snap a picture later today. Got sucked into Mass Effect after work today and never looked back, lol.

·
Registered
683 Posts
That might be the case still, I'll snap a picture later today. Got sucked into Mass Effect after work today and never looked back, lol.
I played the demo on ME3 ... not bad! It is amazing how a good game can send a person into a time warp.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Got sucked into Mass Effect after work today and never looked back, lol.
How is it so far? Honestly I'm still milking Skyrim because I'm an AR completionist type but once I wrap it up to my satisfaction and due to the time spent I've got a whole list of "catch up" games and ME is one more to add to the growing list (sorry, off topic but curious).

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Thank You Jaclyn :)

I have the Nav so I'm waiting for my SD card to come. I went to my dealer today to get an oil change, I was hoping they would have them but they didn't. I called the 800 number too but they said there is no scheduled date yet for my packet to be sent out. :(
No problem, gullwingdmc!

Do you know which agent you spoke with? I'm not sure why they would have provided that information. We started mailing the packets the week of March 5th and will continue to do so over the next few weeks. It shouldn't be much longer. :)

Jaclyn

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No problem, gullwingdmc!

Do you know which agent you spoke with? I'm not sure why they would have provided that information. We started mailing the packets the week of March 5th and will continue to do so over the next few weeks. It shouldn't be much longer. :)

Jaclyn
I don't remember his name, he seemed kind of nervous. Its ok though, Ill try calling back later this week, see if threes any more info.

Thank You

1 - 20 of 134 Posts