Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright well i just got this 05 zx3, and i want to what you think, yes its stock. but i would like some ideas on what to do, and what you think would look good. I really like how it looks with the back seats gone. and it totally flat. I was also thinking what would be a good color to paint the covers. (the things surrounding all the climate controls, and theat other stuff)
well here are the pics.

o, and what rimsdo you think would look good on there? I would like the lightest possible. just through up some ideas for me.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Congrats on the new car. I have the same thing, basically..

I have clear corners, color matched grill, eyelids, and I took my hubcaps off (since one fell off, and it looks better than driving with 3). Check my gallery when my pics are approved.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Silver is the best color for the Focus. I think some euro SVT rims would look good on it. You should lower it first though in my opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will have to look up the euro svt rims. and as for lowering it, im thinking about getting new suspension, so that should do the trick. not sure what i should get as suspension goes, so does anyone have any ideas? I would like some stiffer stuff so its a little tighter in the corners.

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
Tein seems to be prety popular w/ the SVT crowd as for lowering springs

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
my wife just got a zx4 in the same color I like her car allot. The color to surround you controls what colors do you like, do you want to go bold or stay mellow. I would tint the windows first but thats me. Oh and for suspension depends on what you want I want to put the svt kit on mine to lower and give a little beter ride than now but not too low for my back roads I live on

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Welcome to FocusFanatics.com!! [thumb]

There's so many things you can do to your car, it's literally endless. Look around the forums to get a better idea of what kind of mods are out there and ask around. Are you planning performance or cosmetic changes, or both? What's your budget like? Suspension as you mentioned is a very good start, it dramatically changes the look of the car.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well as for performance or cosmetic, I mainly want performance. I want to tint the windows, and new rims, and thats all i want for cosmetics. But i guess new suspension would give it a lower height, making it look better overall. I have been searching around, but what are your recommendations for suspension, and wheels? thanks for all the replys.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
nice ride personally im not a fan of the 05 up model of the focus
there's a lot of things u can do to your car performance wise
for suspension may I reccomend Eibach or H&R those are probably THE best suspensions made
as for rims if your going mainly on performance may I reccomend a lightweight wheel name brand: ROTA in my opinion they got some of the nicest lightweight rims around
Tires: Bridgestone BF Goodrich and TOYO

As for performance parts: www.focussport.com , www.mcnewsautomotive.com , focus-central etc.

Good luck with your ride hope , you enjoy it and Welcome to Focus Fanatics

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks alot. O and what dont you like about the 05 and up models? the only thing i dont like so far, is that the duratec is harder to find parts for then the zetec.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts