Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone has offered me a trade for my overly loud and decently modded Zx3, for a bone stock Focus Sedan, 5 speed with leather seats and no sunroof.

My Question is in the performance, I feel that both cars would probably be identical performance wise. The reason I am even considering this is because I have a 2 year old who rides in my car, and a 4 door is AMAZING when having a child as my focus is my daily driver..

So my question is, sedan versus hatch, any changes in handling or?

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
It's a bit heavier but otherwise everything is the same. Does the sedan have the zetec or spi engine? The spi isn't very good.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SPI, I just asked him

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But I sold him my body kit for $800 lol :p

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Ewww. Well the spi is very slow compared to the zetec and it doesn't survive high mileage as well as the zetec and its getting to be very hard to find parts for the spi as well as finding complete working spi engines in junk yards. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear but it is what it is. My suggestion is to keep the zx3 and deal with wrestling the carseat into the back. Just my $.02

·
Registered
920 Posts
Huge downgrade IMO don't do it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I know :)

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Yes very huge downgrade. Handling isn't as good either. Easy access with 4 doors is only benefit imo.

·
Banned
589 Posts
It's a bit heavier but otherwise everything is the same. Does the sedan have the zetec or spi engine? The spi isn't very good.
Everywhere I look online says 2551 for the hatch versus 2564 for the sedan, only 13lbs.

Yes very huge downgrade. Handling isn't as good either. Easy access with 4 doors is only benefit imo.
Care to elaborate on why the handling isn't as good? Just curious...

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
like i said. the sedan is a bit heavier than the hatch but otherwise everything else is the same if it is backed by a zetec.

im curious about why the handling is worse with the sedan myself. everything is identical between it and a hatch. tires, wheels, suspension, steering, etc so far as i know... only the wagon has different suspension.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
The handling isn't worse with the sedan... I owned one. Its also more aerodynamic, since its not the obtrusive egg shaped zx3 shell. If it were zetec i'd say go for it 100%, the sedan is so much more people friendly. Don't mess with anything with an spi.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
un1corn
2,703 Posts
Handling in the zx5/sedan might be worse because car isn't as rigid due to there being another hole for a door. There was a big thread where people talked about it at length.

Also, don't get the SPI unless you plan on replacing the engine around 100k. It WILL drop a valve seat. If you have a two year old this car is not the car for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts