Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to start a new thread since my Car On-Hold thread was so depressing. Now I am glad the gray car I ordered was on hold so long since I really dig the yellow. If you followed the On-Hold thread you already know my story and how I switched colors.

I ended up getting a 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch, Yellow Blaze, 400a, Winter w/Black machined 17" rims. My dealer was able to get this one by trading something with another dealer about 35 miles away. It had only 15 miles on it when they picked it up. My next door neighbor is a retired guy who drives cars for my Ford dealer so I requested he be the one to pick it up for me which he did. I guess someone tried buying this one from the other dealer but the deal never happened for some reason. That person added: Paint protection, Gorilla wheel locks and custom pin stripes which my dealer threw in for free.

MSRP: Approx. 24,800.00
A Plan: 22,700.00
Minus 2,000.00 trade in from my 2009 SES
Minus 500.00 rebate
Doc Fee/Plate transfer: 98.00
Total: 20,298.00 (plus tax)

Not bad at all considering I paid about 16,000.00 (before tax) for the 2009 SES. They gave me 11,800.00 for the 2009 SES which had 48K miles and needed rubber.

Picked her up at the dealer Friday night – here she is next to my 2009 SES trade in:

I have not had a chance to take any more photos with a real camera yet but here are some more taken on my iPhone 4. I was driving the car yesterday (Saturday) and the sun popped out for a few so I took these:

I normally don’t like pin stripes and never order them on a new car. Since this car came with them already, I decided to leave them on for a few weeks before making the decision if I want the dealer to take them off or not. I am toying with having them remove just the silver stripe or leaving them both. What do you guys think of the stripes?

If I ever get to take photos with my real camera I will add them to this thread.

-Coffin

·
Registered
364 Posts
very nice, welcome! [grinking]

·
Registered
712 Posts
Super Sharp! I would have told you not to "get" pins stripes, but you know what, I kinda like them. Makes your unit unique. Good idea to leave them on for a bit to decide.

What lake is that in the background? I grew up in the Detroit area which is why I am curious.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
You picked the right colour in the end. [giddy]

I like the pinstripes, they have me looking at mine and thinking...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Such a HUGE difference compared to the new European styled version. 10 fold on looks. All the old cars made me barf. That's why I waited soooo long for a new Focus. I dig your ride [thumb]

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

Super Sharp! I would have told you not to "get" pins stripes, but you know what, I kinda like them. Make your unit unique. Good idea to leave them on for a bit to decide.

What lake is that in the background? I grew up in the Detroit area which is why I am curious.
Yeah when I ordered the gray one I said "no pin stripes" because some dealers put them on automatically.

Will try to decide in a week or two but so far they look pretty good with the black trim/wheels and chrome beltline.

That is lake Chemung in Brighton MI. I used to have a small house on that lake but sold it back when I got married about 11 years ago.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Nice ride ! Enjoy it ! [thumb]

·
Registered
712 Posts
That is lake Chemung in Brighton MI. I used to have a small house on that lake but sold it back when I got married about 11 years ago.
Nice back drop for photos and good area to cruise the new wheels. I'll have to check out that lake sometime since I am often heading up 23 to the UP or Traverse area. I'm hoping to eventually get some waterfront property in Northern Michigan but I guess as you found out sometimes, family life take 1st priority.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice car! Looking at ordering the same color and options. Was going to stick with the standard Ti wheels, but now I am liking the black with the yellow. Hmmm....

·
Registered
822 Posts
Very nice. I wanted those black wheels on my Focus when I ordered it but there wasn't one available in my area. Heck in my state. So I may buy a set in the spring. Also like how the Titanium has the black headlights. Wonder if it would be hard to swap out my silver ones for a black set. Anyone done a swap yet?

Again, sharp looking Focus. First yellow one I've seen a picture of.

So how does it compare to your previous Focus? In terms of ride and power? The new one is bigger isn't it? Wider I mean.

·
Registered
360 Posts
dude, your car being on hold for as long as it was....truly a blessing in disguise. That car is the hottness!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice car! Looking at ordering the same color and options. Was going to stick with the standard Ti wheels, but now I am liking the black with the yellow. Hmmm....
I like the look of the standard Ti rims but they look hard to clean. But yeah I dig the black/yellow combo.

Very nice. I wanted those black wheels on my Focus when I ordered it but there wasn't one available in my area. Heck in my state. So I may buy a set in the spring. Also like how the Titanium has the black headlights. Wonder if it would be hard to swap out my silver ones for a black set. Anyone done a swap yet?

Again, sharp looking Focus. First yellow one I've seen a picture of.

So how does it compare to your previous Focus? In terms of ride and power? The new one is bigger isn't it? Wider I mean.
There were people that swapped the bezels from a Ti to a SE or SEL on this forum. Try searching for it.

So far I really like it much more than my 09 SES especially the interior and looks in general. It seems to handle better but is probably not any faster.

dude, your call being on hold for as long as it was....truly a blessing in disguise. That car is the hottness!
Thanks man! Yeah it was a blessing in disguise for sure. I like your color too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Awesome, we have the same color SE with the same wheels.

We figured if we didnt get it in that color, every time we saw a Blaze Yellow on the road we would regret settling for another color.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I like the look of the standard Ti rims but they look hard to clean. But yeah I dig the black/yellow combo.
"Hard to clean" was what I said when I got mine with the std Ti rims and reasoned...oh, that won't bother me. Now that I have had to clean them a dozen or two times, trying different ways and tools, none of them that make it any easier, it IS a PIA. Still love the look but hate the cleaning more and more each cycle. [?|]

Yours look pretty easy to clean (and great with the yellow).

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well I finally took some photos with my better camera but I am not a great photographer so you may not notice any difference from my original iPhone pics.

Either way more Yellow Blaze photos:

-Coffin

1 - 20 of 26 Posts