Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Heard from MrNooblar in another section, he's buried & just keeping a door clear at this point (3 tanks of gas for the blower cleared the car yesterday & it's buried again).

I was up in Lockport when it started & staying here out of it (we'll get some today).

I was glad to get fresh snows on the car before this started, wouldn't make ANY difference venturing out in the bad areas (if it was even allowed).

Only payloaders have a chance clearing any (or the big snowblowers), it's going to be a long dig out.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I was watching the traffic cams yesterday - while they were clearing 90 there was a big snowblower truck stuck

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
keep a door clear, if you have a low vent for your boiler or furnace, make sure that's clear too before the CO starts backing up into the house. :/

my folks will be okay. my stepdad snowblowed the driveway 4 or 6 times by now probably. heh. he stayed home from work and kept up with it as he fell.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've got a high-school classmate who is on a plow/loader crew (his dad is driving one of the loaders from a gravel pit). he's posting pics on facebook, crazy crazy stuff.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Thankfully we haven't gotten a whole lot of what Buffalo did up here in Rochester. We got maybe an inch or two of snow last night but that's about it. I got to do some nice e-brake drifts in the parking lot. Hahaha

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my cousin lives in great valley, he brought up his tractor w/bucket loader to dig out family members in lackawanna. he had to work his way down his sister's street to her house, then cleared her driveway. then he went to my aunt's house and did the same thing. another cousin posted that she finally saw a loader on her street last night at 11:15. yay!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
It's good he could get close enough to help dig out!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
at my folks house in Lancaster for Thanksgiving and all the snow melted. perhaps even more insane than the snow that fell in the first place.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Wow!

Even after the warm I though they'd have some left.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there are some piles around the driveway and whatnot, but yeah -- otherwise, all gone. insane. i guess i was thinking of the density of _snow pack_ versus, 7' of freshly fallen snow. i guess a lot of sun and it was just ready to melt. wish i was here with my time-lapse camera, that would have been cool to capture.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts