Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My "weekend" mod, better than a debadge

Took a few minutes this weekend to try something. So far it's turned out well. I'll post some pics later after I put them back on the car.

Yeah, those are toothpicks hot glued to the back of the letters.

::UPDATE::

They're dry enough to touch, but I don't want to glue them on yet. They need to cure before I expose them to the "elements". Heres a teaser of them laying on the bumper.

::Update::

Did a dry fit today. I really like them. They're not lined up perfectly, but close enough for a quick pic

::Update::
Finished!

Rest of the pics are at the end of the thread

·
Leave it stock?
2,284 Posts
so it'll look ninja lol.

definatley an interesting mod.

·
Registered
110 Posts
it looks like it will have a ghostly look when put back on the car....nice!

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I liked the debadged look, but I kinda missed having the "FOCUS" on the back. Thought this might look good. I had an extra set of letters laying around. They're almost dry enough to touch. I'll hold them up to the car in a bit and take some pics

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice idea mate! Might have to give this a go with the my standard Focus badge! Can I ask what stuff you using to stick it back onto the car?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
That'll look awesome once installed!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I like this idea. I'm interested in seeing what they look like put back on the car.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
i think thatll look sick. ive seen a LOT of black G35's do that. looks badass.

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Updated the first post with a picture of them laying on the bumper.
I'm not glueing them on yet, I'll wait a few days for them to cure.

@ Shilz
I've got this black hot glue that came with "The Ding King". (Don't judge me because I own a ding king...). Its solid enough to pull metal back into place, so I figure it's solid enough to hold on plastic letters.

·
Registered
784 Posts
paint the "s" red... that might look cool

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm kinda bummed out. I wanted to have these back on today but it's been raining like crazy. Doesn't look like its going to let up tomorrow either...

·
Machinery Technician
7,322 Posts
i debadged my "focus" and left on the "zx3", then painted the zx3 black.. but it's not the same cause your car is black.. should look cool when you put it on.,.

Shilz-- we demand a thread showing off pics of your car immediately!!

edit*nevermind, i found it..HOT!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
darkfire1986 - Could do with an update if you got it installed? I was tempted to get a new 'Focus' badge today to give it a try but might just wait and see how your's turns out. I think it's gonna look sweet anyway! [:D]

j-zetec_pr - nice find! lol [:D] i've updated the pics as well.

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't have them back on yet. It's still raining. The closest thing I have is the pic of them laying on the bumper and trunk. It should clear up tomorrow, so I'll try to get them on by then

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
hard to tell if its a gloss or flat black? i think flat would give it that "ninja" look and gloss may blend to much... we will see when its done... great idea!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts