Registered
524 Posts
Alright then, let's see it. Congratulations on you're new Focus.[goofydrunk]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tick...tick...tick...

I have 3 pictures posted already in my original post -- for some reason they don't show up on my iphone/mobile browser -- but when I go on the computer -- the pictures are right there?!?!?! I am a newbie here (but have been following for a while). Am i posting my pics wrong?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have 3 pictures posted already in my original post -- for some reason they don't show up on my iphone/mobile browser -- but when I go on the computer -- the pictures are right there?!?!?! I am a newbie here (but have been following for a while). Am i posting my pics wrong?
You will probably have to use an image-hosting site. I think you have to have at least 25 posts to be able to use Focus Fanatics to post pics.

Can't say you didn't try!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will probably have to use an image-hosting site. I think you have to have at least 25 posts to be able to use Focus Fanatics to post pics.

Can't say you didn't try!
Thanks for the info Starfury -- much appreciated. I created a photo bucket just so i could post these pics finally :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
KMT, enjoy your new ride and report back with all the fun your having.[drummer]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice car man. I am still waiting for mine. It has been 5 weeks since the order and still nothing
Hang in there TVP... I got really lucky getting mine. The dealer I went to already ordered the car (minus the Moonroof) 2 weeks before I got there, so I put money down to guarantee that car for me. 3 weeks into my wait (5 weeks total at that point) another ford dealership on the other side of town got the EXACT same car in (but it had a Moonroof on it). Needless to say I jumped on that sterling gray beauty that very same day and got a refund on my deposit from the other dealership.

It also worked to my advantage in a way because this new dealership had to out-do the other one if they wanted my business and I got a much better trade in deal along with the focus cash and the 500 dollar brochure from ford.com. I just knew once I saw it that it was the one. Sterling Gray RULES!!! Cal-El really flies down the road too!!! So much fun to drive :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PS... To those of you who haven't seen Sterling Gray in Person... I can't stress enough how pictures from my iPhone DO NOT do it Justice... Sterling Gray (in the sunlight) looks amazing! I love how that metallic finish sparkles on a Sunny Day. Not to mention that it also perfectly accents that sharp looking Piano Black Grill.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The grey is by far the most popular, according to our color poll.

I needed a lighter color to keep a little cooler in the hot sun.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks awesome man congrats. If you don't mind how much did you pay?

I really like the wheels, wishing now I didn't get the steel wheels :(
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
PS... To those of you who haven't seen Sterling Gray in Person... I can't stress enough how pictures from my iPhone DO NOT do it Justice... Sterling Gray (in the sunlight) looks amazing! I love how that metallic finish sparkles on a Sunny Day. Not to mention that it also perfectly accents that sharp looking Piano Black Grill.
Yeah the car really looks amazing in the sunlight.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks awesome man congrats. If you don't mind how much did you pay?

I really like the wheels, wishing now I didn't get the steel wheels :(
Posted via FF Mobile
Before going to any dealership -- I too was just thinking at first I would get steel wheels to save some cash-ola, but when I first saw my car with these wheels -- I was just like 'WOW' so yeah. I am kind of glad i payed a little more for the sport package. I also didn't think the spoiler on the back would make much of a difference -- but I can honestly say I like seeing it back there (even if its just a tiny one) It does add a little something extra to the car. Now if it were a hatch, I'd probably never even notice the spoiler because I don't think 'humps' or 'bumps' on the hood really count -- in my opinion

And I don't mind -- The Total before any discounts was 22,600 -- MSRP was 22,175. I talked them into and additional $500 trade in value on my old car and got the focus cash and brochure -- so i think it was around 19,500 total. (keep in mind my old car had some very high mileage and was run and worked hard for a lot of years) an 03' silver ford focus wagon with 185,000 miles on it... My Dad's hand-me-down to me.

That car got me through College and many adventures on the road. Now I have a career and I am one of the lucky few that has a 4 mile commute - so I definately plan to baby this car... It really is a good feeling being a proud parent for the first time :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Proud Papa :)

Any Seinfeld Fans out there???

I kind of feel like Kramer in that one episode where he adopts the highway and becomes a proud parent... I should be passing out cigars in celebration [thumb]

"Hey look at this... Wide Lanes! This is so luxurious..."

·
Registered
207 Posts
very nice...congrats. love the grey color!

the SEL is supposed to have "Piano black" grille...what's the diff between piano black and black? also my sticker for SEL says "black" grille so not sure if they got rid of the "piano black" grille...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
very nice...congrats. love the grey color!

the SEL is supposed to have "Piano black" grille...what's the diff between piano black and black? also my sticker for SEL says "black" grille so not sure if they got rid of the "piano black" grille...
I could be wrong on this - so if I am someone please let me know.

The standard black grill is just flat or matte black (but in the sun can almost look like a very very dark gray). Also the bumper is more visible in the grill in the top few lines (with standard black grill).

The piano black only comes (I think) on the SE's w/ a sport package and is (I believe) standard on SEL's and Titaniums. Piano Black almost is more of an onyx or glossy black. Truthfully I do like it better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts