1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts
Nice pics man!

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Well you definitely have a post processing technique down for your style.

But I feel you aren't getting dynamic compositions for your shots. I recommend you get lower for many of these and think a bit wider.

Alot of these are just shots at gatherings and what nots, except for the focuses.

Keep at it. And I would recommend you check out some magazines and try to mimic a mag that you like their photography and post style. It will better your skills as a car photographer.

Ray

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well you definitely have a post processing technique down for your style.

But I feel you aren't getting dynamic compositions for your shots. I recommend you get lower for many of these and think a bit wider.

Alot of these are just shots at gatherings and what nots, except for the focuses.

Keep at it. And I would recommend you check out some magazines and try to mimic a mag that you like their photography and post style. It will better your skills as a car photographer.

Ray
thanks Ray. any advice is welcome. i just got my Nikon 5 months ago and still learning. Im hopping to get a wide angle lens, but they are pretty expensive. got some more pics to share from when i went to Formula Drift here in Palm Beach raceway

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here are some pics of the Formula Drift event that took place in Palm Beach International Raceway

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
When it comes to any type of racing photos ... you need to adjust your shutter and aperture to get the background blurred to give your viewer the sense of motion.

If you stop the wheels, car and background, it makes a viewer think that they are sitting in one place and just lighting up the tires.

Here's a couple of shots I have taken at our local SCCA AutoX this year. To give you an idea of a more dynamic racing shot:

Ray

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah that's true. That was my first racing event and didn't want blurry pictures, reason I kept shooting at 1/1000 of a sec. Had to also mess around with iso because my 55-200mm lens sucks. Wish I had something better. But all well. I got some pretty good pics. What do you shoot with?

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
You're consistent, that's for sure. I personally think you tend to go overboard on the post processing (judging from what I see here.) Sometimes less is more. Which is something I've been forcing myself to learn as well.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Yeah that's true. That was my first racing event and didn't want blurry pictures, reason I kept shooting at 1/1000 of a sec. Had to also mess around with iso because my 55-200mm lens sucks. Wish I had something better. But all well. I got some pretty good pics. What do you shoot with?

I shoot with a Nikon D300s connected with a Nikon 80-200 2.8 lens for sport shooting.
And when I shoot portraits and still products and people, I was shooting with a Nikon D700 with a 24-75 2.8, but I have jumped onto the Nikon D600 for the newer chip base in a cheaper body than the D800. Though all of my other friends and fellow photogs shoot with the D800, I am right there on their tails with the D600. Very happy with my decision.

Ray

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You're consistent, that's for sure. I personally think you tend to go overboard on the post processing (judging from what I see here.) Sometimes less is more. Which is something I've been forcing myself to learn as well.
i agree. ive been forcing my self to stay away from overdoing it. pics do look nice, but not on all the shots. its all a learning experience lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts