Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Blue Candy Focus Titanium Hatch last Tuesday, drove up to Toronto on Friday to break it in.

-Handles great, even though I didn't get the handling package.

-Seats are very comfortable for long-distance driving (but not necessarily for sleeping). The steering wheel would be comfortable if I was an octopus...hands got sore after only an hour or so.

-Pleasantly surprised by gas mileage...I think we averaged about 34 mpg, with a lot of hills and city driving. Better than I ever got in the Vibe.

-Active Park Assist proved its worth as more than a gimmick when parallel parking in Toronto. Also enjoyed the front and rear sensors while parking in garages.

-Really wish MyFord Touch's nav could display speed limits like my TomTom did. It obviously knows the speed limits (to calculate routes and stuff), so why not put it up on the screen?

-Speaking of MyFord Touch...overall, it worked out well. However, I don't know how much I can rely on it during long trips. It froze for a few minutes on several occasions (unplugging my iPhone seemed to fix that), and rebooted into scheduled maintenance twice. Not really acceptable for a $800 option, when my $80 TomTom is extremely reliable (plus, I can easily reboot the TomTom without shutting down the car). I'm currently running the latest software, so I'm hoping it gets resolved soon.

-Saw a lot more Focii in Ontario than I have in NY. Also saw a lot of people checking it out. :)

-Got paint protective film on the front bumper and front portion of the hood. (Went to the Tint Shop in Great Neck, NY...Joe is an awesome guy who has been doing tints and film for 25 years. http://longislandpaintprotection.com/paintprotect/ )

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it's easy to find in a parking lot...

not sure why the hatch has to open up that much...I banged it against a parking garage ceiling!

hard to see where the film ends...

·
Registered
683 Posts
What a gorgeous car, congratulations! I like the Blue Candy w/ stock Titanium wheels.
It'll be my turn to take delivery on Sepember 6th. I know it'll happen then because it's on the dealer lot now with a sold paper on the mirror to keep people away.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a gorgeous car, congratulations! I like the Blue Candy w/ stock Titanium wheels.
It'll be my turn to take delivery on Sepember 6th. I know it'll happen then because it's on the dealer lot now with a sold paper on the mirror to keep people away.
Thanks! Yea, I thought I'd ordered the black wheels, but apparently "painted" can mean silver as well. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile_confused.gif

In retrospect, I'm glad I got the stock wheels. I think the car looks better with them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
-Really wish MyFord Touch's nav could display speed limits like my TomTom did. It obviously knows the speed limits (to calculate routes and stuff), so why not put it up on the screen?
Mine shows the speed limit sometimes, but not sure why it doesn't always do it on the interstate.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I see the antenna protector you have installed. Is that for style or does it (the antenna) rub on the hatch when it is open?

·
Registered
683 Posts
It's just for show...I got it at Jack In The Box when I was in Austin earlier this year.
OK ... thanks! I didn't remember that rubbing up there, but you never know, stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Weird, where does it show it? And did you have to toggle any options to get it to show up?
Hi....it shows on the left hand side of the navigation screen close to the middle, where the highway # is also usually posted. I'm from Ontario, Canada so I'm not sure if the US nav system might be different.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I just took my car from the Bay Area to Tahoe a couple weeks ago and the nav showed the speed limit the whole way there.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congrats, makes me look forward to mine even more... I may end up staring at my Blue Candy Focus more than I stare at my Grabber Blue Mustang. Mine is sitting at my dealer waitng for me now, but my salesman is off today so I pick it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Awesome, that's quite the drive - hope you found something interesting to get up to in the city.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi....it shows on the left hand side of the navigation screen close to the middle, where the highway # is also usually posted. I'm from Ontario, Canada so I'm not sure if the US nav system might be different.
I used the nav on my way to work yesterday...and I did manage to see it on a few roads. Still, it's very tiny (I thought it was showing me the road number at first), doesn't come up on most roads, and doesn't give you any sort of feedback when you're going over the speed limit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome, that's quite the drive - hope you found something interesting to get up to in the city.
We only spent about 50 hours in town, but we managed to enjoy ourselves. Definitely want to take a ride up there again some time...or maybe fly instead.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you're looking for another drive, might I suggest you try Montreal.

Shorter drive from where you are, and quite a nice city. As long as you stay in Montreal, you won't have a language issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you're looking for another drive, might I suggest you try Montreal.

Shorter drive from where you are, and quite a nice city. As long as you stay in Montreal, you won't have a language issue.
I'd love to check out Montreal! One of these days...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts