Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you 'hopefully' still remember my liquid Grey Focus (I posted some of my whistler pics last time, that was my first 'official' photos for my focus, and also the last).. :)

Just in case what I have been doing the past 3 months..:

The bad:

"I sold my focus"!!! [smackbum] - hiding from flame mode - [paranoid]

The Good:

I can't believe I make profit when I sold that car! [thankyou]

The Best part:

I got this:

It's a 2000 Volkswagen MK4 GTI.
Incl: Fresh Paint! Momo Wheels, Lowered with Bilstein Suspensions.

Why it's much better than my Focus:

- Full Beige Leather Interior! classy euro
- Black color
- It's Euro! [hah]
- Smooth Standard Transmission
- Heated Seats!
- Sunroof

and the best part...

VR6 ENGINE, 2.8 Liter, 175 HP, 180 Torque

This thing jumps when accelerates, no more hesitation, super smooth power distribution throughout the band.
Imagine putting a V6 engine on a small car like this. :huh:

I'm super excited, but nonetheless.. missing my focus.. that was my first car:

So, that's it.. Thanks for everyone's help so far! will still going back n forth between vwVortex & FF. [ffrocks]

·
Registered
881 Posts
you'll probably be on Vortex a lot more diagnosing electrical gremlins. Congrats on the VR6 though!

·
WOOT!!!
1,408 Posts
dude... thats an awesome conversioN!! haha

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Sweet. Turbo that sucker and get insane amount of hp and Tq. To bad its not the AWD version. Non the less...its still a cool car.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Rear-wheel drive, huh?

[rolleyes]

(But your Focus was VERY, very sharp looking, BTW - I can see why you made a profit on it.)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
They didn't make them RWD... Only FWD and AWD ;). That's my next car too :)... Or '08 Lancer ;)

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
its fwd newb lol

nice upgrade

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Nice... Id rather have th GTI.. But hey Looks Great.. I love VWs

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
um he says its a GTI...but it looks like a golf

can i see motor pics?!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you'll probably be on Vortex a lot more diagnosing electrical gremlins. Congrats on the VR6 though!
Hahaha, so far so good, the only problem I had was just the serpentine belt tensioner & my reverse light burned out. [cool]

Sweet. Turbo that sucker and get insane amount of hp and Tq. To bad its not the AWD version. Non the less...its still a cool car.
Not planning to do anything major on this car in the short term, in a process of purchasing a new apartment. But Who knows... [thankyou]

They didn't make them RWD... Only FWD and AWD ;). That's my next car too :)... Or '08 Lancer ;)
its fwd newb lol

nice upgrade
yeppp, it's FWD, My baddd2! Newb with this car.

um he says its a GTI...but it looks like a golf

can i see motor pics?!
It's 100% GTI GLX, it was the top of the line version of GTI, VR6 model. that's why it has full leather interior. No golf has that. [neener]

Planning to take a pic of the engine bay soon, and u'll see the big VR6 emblem there. he3 *ow, the Engine looks like new (as most VWs), not like my filthy focus' engine bay. [paranoid]

Any comments welcome! [welcome]

·
Registered
248 Posts
very nice car you have. my mate has the the hot R32 VERSION WHICH IS EVEN AWESOME & FAST. GOOD LUCK YUNII

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 2000 GTI looks like this... they didn't look much different from a regular Golf.
thats why i hate mk4s...

give me a nice mk3 vr6...mmmm sexy time.

still a nice fun lil car tho.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was looking for so long for a GTi specifically a 2001-2002 1.8T. in the end bought an SVT cuz all the golfs in my area (also Vancouver) had well over 130K km's and costed 2000-3000 more than i paid for my SVT which had just under 100K. Sick looking car tho. Where abouts do you live in Vancouver?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
very nice upgrade! Stick around and show us some pictures from time to time.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I love the VR6's. German engineering rocks! The front seats are really uncomfortable though. SVT seats are much better. (IMO)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
sweet ride, i like the roof rack, but the wheels aren't gonna cut it on the VW scene. i would prefer the 1.8t but the vr6 with an exhaust is pure sex.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
MMmmm VR6. I'd honestly say, with an intake is one THE best sounding engines ever. Nice buy. Please for the love of all that's holy stay away from the MkIV forums on VWvortex.com. It will turn you into everything that's bad about the VW culture, a typical euro snob douche nozel. Nice car again [thumb] Momo wheels are sexy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts