Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've posted on a few threads about some upgrades I've done but didn't have pictures. I don't remember where those were so I'm just making my own thread and putting them all on one. If anyone has any questions on how to just let me know and I'll do my best to explain. These are just some basic mods and add ons I've done nothing fancy but I like it.
For larger pictures see my myspace account -
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...viewPicture&friendID=85332847&albumId=2079352

I run with a local fire department so I've added a scanner in the glove box which turns on with the car. Difficult to adjust settings and channels but I have it set where I need and for the most part don't have to mess with it. Next to that I have a plug for my Zune. The switchbox I'll show in a second has a spot for one usb charger. This way my zunes always in my car when I go to the gym.

I also have emergency LED bars in my front and rear window, these I just spliced into my map lights as LED's don't take much juice to run. The switch I then just put in the middle of the map lights. I ran a lot less wire that way and it seems like a cleaner install. although I may change that switch to something smaller, maybe a chrome switch. But it works now and glows red when it's on.

I also ran blue LED bars under the dash for the front two floor wells and have a sirius unit wired in to the car as well. (my car didn't come with it and they wanted 500+ to install it so I just got a cheap head unit and plugged it in myself.)

Both of these as well as my scanner are run off of a switch unit I purchased at Auto Express which also glows blue. The switch is hardwired to fuse 33 and then powers three cig lighters which are controlled by this switch panel. I hid the cig lighters in the void behind the glove box. The box gets power whenever I turn my car on but then I have independent control of my sirius, scanner, and gps (mounted in one of the cup holders, forgot to take a pic)

·
Registered
117 Posts
hi nice work, what is the scanner for? and i love the way uve done the lights in your dash behind the heater and that (second pic), did u take the dash out and jus change the colour of all of the leds or what? pm me if its easier to explain. cheers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use the scanner to for the calls. I'm a volunteer firefighter and my pager doesn't always get that great reception. Plus if they switch to a tactical channel my pager can't switch. All the nobs and buttons are the stock color the led's in the floor wells are from walmart, I picked them up for 10 bucks and then used wire ties to hold them up in the underside of the dash. I'd like to eventually due the vents but the car is technically leased until I buy it in three years so I'm not really supposed to do any drilling and whatnot.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
looks good so far. keep up the good work.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
cool mods, looks clean i like it!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Very nice looking. I wish I could have lightbars but that might be a little bit illegal.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ive done the light bars in my footwells too. Its fricken sweet. It makes the car awsome to drive at night. Did you hook it all up to a switch or did you hook it up so that they turn on with your headlights or something?
And im pretty sure its not illegal because its inside of the car. not on the outside like ground effects.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have it so it turns on automatically with the car, ACC. I did switches in my last car but I want to keep this one as clean as possible. There not terribly noticeable from the outside so I figure if I do get pulled over for something I'll just turn my car all the way off so they turn off. Not sure if there legal or not but why take the chance. I'd imagine there not since so many cars have them as standard options now.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very clean, I like it. I like having a switch for my footwells so that I can shut them off if I get pulled over or something, but with you being a volunteer FF I'm sure that doesn't really happen too often... :p

It's also nice to be able to turn it off if it gets hard on the eyes for whatever reason, but then again I've got a few more lights than you down there so it's a bit brighter.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Either way, its a sweet mod to have. thats something that we can all agree on. [thumb]

·
Registered
349 Posts
Damn, can't see any of the pics. That's what happens when your job firewalls myspace, lotto sites and even streaming radio....and yet I can bid my life away on eBay...go figure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts