Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i'd post up some updates of my zetec turbo as i've been away in the middle east again for a few months with work.

For anyone who hasn't seen my car before here's an old thread.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136299

Since returning back to the UK i had decided that i was fed up with polishing the engine bay all the time and looking at some rusty pieces so i thought i'd go for the stealth look.

How it used to look, all be it a bit grubby.

Parts removed, glad i have pictures to use for reference when it comes to refitting.

Parts back from the powder coaters.

After a few scraped knuckles and getting a bit wet in the process i got it all back together, just need to adjust the angles of the boost pipes as i'm not 100% happy with them at the moment.

It still needs a good clean and a few nuts and bolts replacing, i've got a new rocker cover en route and my radio surround is being repaired.

Here's a pic of my brakes with the new 2 piece disks

My air filter location to help minimise water ingress.

Stereo surround, i will be fitting a plx wideband gauge there shortly and the hairline crack has been repaired. I'll put new pics up once it's fitted in place.

Enjoy the pics.

Steve

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very Nice

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I want your A/C surround, wanna trade? [:D]

Your car must scream!

·
WOOT!!!
1,408 Posts
<=== definately jealous!!

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
what's with all the Euro foci popping up lately? It's making me very jealous lol

Looks great man, but we really need to see more of the body too [:D]

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Damn dude, thats sick! I like the stealth look better.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Looks amazing with the black powdercoated pieces. Sick ride, mate!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you fab the holes in that surround yourself, or did you purchase it somewhere?

I had it fabricated for me, you would need to enlarge the 1.8 din slot in to a double din size. A single din 3 gauge holder was fibre glassed in to the upper part and the stereo cage fibre glassed in place at a slightly downwards angle underneath to allow the gauges to clear. It limits your stereo options but i'm not that big on ice anyway. I've not seen anyone else with a surround like mine in the UK which is cool even after the 4 years i've had it fitted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts