Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i'd post up some updates of my zetec turbo as i've been away in the middle east again for a few months with work.

For anyone who hasn't seen my car before here's an old thread.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136299

Since returning back to the UK i had decided that i was fed up with polishing the engine bay all the time and looking at some rusty pieces so i thought i'd go for the stealth look.

How it used to look, all be it a bit grubby.

Parts removed, glad i have pictures to use for reference when it comes to refitting.

Parts back from the powder coaters.

After a few scraped knuckles and getting a bit wet in the process i got it all back together, just need to adjust the angles of the boost pipes as i'm not 100% happy with them at the moment.

It still needs a good clean and a few nuts and bolts replacing, i've got a new rocker cover en route and my radio surround is being repaired.

Here's a pic of my brakes with the new 2 piece disks

My air filter location to help minimise water ingress.

Stereo surround, i will be fitting a plx wideband gauge there shortly and the hairline crack has been repaired. I'll put new pics up once it's fitted in place.

Enjoy the pics.

Steve

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Damn dude, thats sick! I like the stealth look better.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you fab the holes in that surround yourself, or did you purchase it somewhere?

I had it fabricated for me, you would need to enlarge the 1.8 din slot in to a double din size. A single din 3 gauge holder was fibre glassed in to the upper part and the stereo cage fibre glassed in place at a slightly downwards angle underneath to allow the gauges to clear. It limits your stereo options but i'm not that big on ice anyway. I've not seen anyone else with a surround like mine in the UK which is cool even after the 4 years i've had it fitted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.