Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just picked up our new Yellow Blaze Ti 5-door on Tuesday September 6.
Besides the more than adequate 400A spec, we got the winter package, a third IA fob (paranoid about losing one) and the rear cargo protector. The fob and protector are on order.

Yesterday ate about another $1,500 between registration (Maine has a wonderful excise tax on top of the sales tax paid at the dealer) and ordering a winter tire / wheel / TPMS package from Tire Rack. I went with the 15" steel rims and 195/65-15 Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 tires. Winters here can be very unforgiving and I was assured that this is about as good as I'm goanna get.

So far, we absolutely love the car.
Let me qualify my next statement: I drive an F150 4x4 for work and my other vehicle is a 2006 Toyota Sienna. I'm very impressed with the sportiness of this vehicle! To me, it corners on rails and has more than adequate power and acceleration. Once the honeymoon is over, an exhaust and CAI is possible. In the spring of 2012, I am planning on having professional window tint applied. All windows behind driver / front passenger will probably be tinted 20%.

The MFT indexed a full gigabyte of music from a thumb drive (pre-formatted to FAT32) in less than 3 minutes and has seamlessly synced with two phones so far. My biggest worry is so far so good with excellent MFT / Sync performance. The Sync version is factory installed 2.11. The 355 watt Sony system is very suprising, in a good way. I can envision some serious audio enjoyment coming my way!

Anyway, me and my family are thrilled with this "hot hatch" (at least by my standards) and look forward to many years of FF fun. She received her first good coat of wax today. One name that is being considered is "gold nugget" ... thoughts or suggestions??

These are some pictures I took after waxing today. They are on SkyDrive. I believe the pics will be there for viewing for a few months. If that is not working for folks to view, I will import the pictures to my Imageshack account.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=30b9bef053bf93f6&page=play&resid=30B9BEF053BF93F6!206&type=5&authkey=saP9uGEx00w%24&Bsrc=Photomail&Bpub=SDX.Photos

Cheers all!!!!

[ffrocks]

[cheers]

·
Registered
492 Posts
WOW! THAT COLOUR...every time i see it i love it even more. it's not like a basic glossy yellow blaze...the metallic in it really makes it look so different.

·
Registered
141 Posts
man I wish I could have those black headlights :( stupid 5 speed only being offered in SE. oh well. Love my manual!

·
Registered
472 Posts
not a fan of the color in the pics. bet it looks better in person :) Like the wheels ... and glad you are having such success with the MFT and Sync. it gives me hope that mine will be spot on. it's supposed to start the build on Monday. everytime someone gets theirs and makes a post like this I get more psyched to pick mine up.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I thought those were some great photographs of the yellow blaze. Plus the Main license plate looks pretty good on there. Enjoy your new ride.[headbang]

·
Registered
472 Posts
I thought those were some great photographs of the yellow blaze. Plus the Main license plate looks pretty good on there. Enjoy your new ride.[headbang]
the photograhs were great .. and well done ... I am just not a fan of the color in the pics. Remember I haven't seen any of these in person yet and have no real idea what the colors really look like either. I wanted a blue and the only darker blue they had was the sonic so that is what I got sight unseen LOL .

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone!! Let me tell you, no regrets here. The Elantra and Cruze drivers have been wondering what the heck the new hot hatch is in town!

man I wish I could have those black headlights :( stupid 5 speed only being offered in SE. oh well. Love my manual!
I really think the black headlights are the way to go for YB. Hear ya about the tranny, though, a six speed manual would have been an outstanding offering in the Titanium.

not a fan of the color in the pics. bet it looks better in person :) Like the wheels ... and glad you are having such success with the MFT and Sync. it gives me hope that mine will be spot on. it's supposed to start the build on Monday. everytime someone gets theirs and makes a post like this I get more psyched to pick mine up.
We sought out every color the Ti FF came in before placing the order. I never saw myself in a yellow car! Even my salesman was teasing me about it. Once he had the car spiffed up out front of the dealer the day I took delivery, he changes his mind. Folks were checking it out (sold on the mirror, phew) and I bet he orders a YB now to have on inventory.
Tell me about the good luck w/ the MFT / Sync! So far so good, and she's getting a workout, except we don't have current plans to bluetooth music off the phone ... don't have a smart phone anyway.

As I suppose it is in many States, Maine has a lot of different plates to choose from. We got the Agriculture plate for the Sienna to show support. Now, another set was in order because it kind of matches, too!

·
Registered
573 Posts

Very, very nice... and yeah, that license plate matches too! I wish States had license plate color choices so we could choose what matches the car.

Put the kids to work cleaning their stuff out of the garage so you can fit your new baby in there.

Name her Willy... (Wonka, Golden Ticket... to ride.... )

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
My wife and I just picked up our new Yellow Blaze Ti 5-door on Tuesday September 6.
Besides the more than adequate 400A spec, we got the winter package, a third IA fob (paranoid about losing one) and the rear cargo protector. The fob and protector are on order.

Yesterday ate about another $1,500 between registration (Maine has a wonderful excise tax on top of the sales tax paid at the dealer) and ordering a winter tire / wheel / TPMS package from Tire Rack. I went with the 15" steel rims and 195/65-15 Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 tires. Winters here can be very unforgiving and I was assured that this is about as good as I'm goanna get.

So far, we absolutely love the car.
Let me qualify my next statement: I drive an F150 4x4 for work and my other vehicle is a 2006 Toyota Sienna. I'm very impressed with the sportiness of this vehicle! To me, it corners on rails and has more than adequate power and acceleration. Once the honeymoon is over, an exhaust and CAI is possible. In the spring of 2012, I am planning on having professional window tint applied. All windows behind driver / front passenger will probably be tinted 20%.

The MFT indexed a full gigabyte of music from a thumb drive (pre-formatted to FAT32) in less than 3 minutes and has seamlessly synced with two phones so far. My biggest worry is so far so good with excellent MFT / Sync performance. The Sync version is factory installed 2.11. The 355 watt Sony system is very suprising, in a good way. I can envision some serious audio enjoyment coming my way!

Anyway, me and my family are thrilled with this "hot hatch" (at least by my standards) and look forward to many years of FF fun. She received her first good coat of wax today. One name that is being considered is "gold nugget" ... thoughts or suggestions??

These are some pictures I took after waxing today. They are on SkyDrive. I believe the pics will be there for viewing for a few months. If that is not working for folks to view, I will import the pictures to my Imageshack account.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=30b9bef053bf93f6&page=play&resid=30B9BEF053BF93F6!206&type=5&authkey=saP9uGEx00w%24&Bsrc=Photomail&Bpub=SDX.Photos

Cheers all!!!!

[ffrocks]

[cheers]
Beautiful Focus, congrats and enjoy.
Suggestion for the name "Ounce of Gold"

·
Registered
362 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
472 Posts
We sought out every color the Ti FF came in before placing the order. I never saw myself in a yellow car! Even my salesman was teasing me about it. Once he had the car spiffed up out front of the dealer the day I took delivery, he changes his mind. Folks were checking it out (sold on the mirror, phew) and I bet he orders a YB now to have on inventory.
I am betting that I will like it more once I see it in person LOL! it does look like a better yellow that what they use on the Mustangs :)

Tell me about the good luck w/ the MFT / Sync! So far so good, and she's getting a workout, except we don't have current plans to bluetooth music off the phone ... don't have a smart phone anyway.
I won't be playing music off my phone either I don't think. I have never been one to use the smart phone stuff but with the MFT I may change my mind on that.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Very, very nice... and yeah, that license plate matches too! I wish States had license plate color choices so we could choose what matches the car.

Put the kids to work cleaning their stuff out of the garage so you can fit your new baby in there.

Name her Willy... (Wonka, Golden Ticket... to ride.... )
Hey, those are a couple of good names to consider! No joke about the garage ... unfortunately it also houses 4 bikes, a table saw, snow blower and a bunch of other items [:(]. I've actually been puzzling about some way to protect "Willy?" from the elements ... maybe one of those 8x12 storage sheds for the stuff that doesn't deserve a garage!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks awesome! Congratz on the purchase. And I can also speak for the winters up there. Millinocket ME, That's a WAYS up there!
Yeah ... public works often cannot keep up with storms and after bigger storms we end up driving around in town on 2-4" deep ice hard snow that winds up badly rutted w/ deep pot holes.
I saw a Mazda 3 today with the same size wheels and tires that are on order for my FF from Tire Rack (195/65-15). Those look like they will be less sporty, but a WAY better size for the rough winter conditions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts