Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just the other day i was driving around and i went to go shift into fourth and it wouldnt go. So i tryed the other gears and i couldn't get into a gear. I pulled over on the side of the road and called a tow truck to tow my car to a transmission shop. The people at the shop called me later and said it had something internally wrong and that he was going to take it off the car and see if he can repair it. He opened it up and said it was unrepairable. He also said my clutch was fryed, and he said it was probablt from racing. Anyways i had to get a bebuild tranny from another state along with a new clutch and slave cylinder, which came out to $2,880 and a really mad mom. I never got the chance to ask him what exatly happened to the tranny but i have to go back in ten days so he can look at it so i will ask him and post what he said.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
you probably got screwed. it could've been just a broken linkage. they see that it's an svt and charged you a premium. that seems higher that what a dealership would charge to fix that. i know i've seen a couple good used svt trannies on ebay for about $400...

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Sounds to me like you got robbed.I would ask to see the tranny.Plenty of people on here auto-x and drag there cars with no problems.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I had the exact same problem when my speed sensor broke loose inside my transmission. I took it to the dealer under warranty and they said it was unreparable because they don't make any repair parts for our trannys. They had to order a brand new one.

·
FF Affiliate
30,930 Posts
ill buy your old trans from you , The dealership MUST return all parts replaced so ask for it and let me know what you want for it

Tom

·
Registered
723 Posts
1turbofocus said:
ill buy your old trans from you , The dealership MUST return all parts replaced so ask for it and let me know what you want for it

Tom
Who you talking to Tom? You said dealer so I guess you're refering to me. I don't know that I can get it back. It was replaced in January. Doubt they still have it.

·
FF Affiliate
30,930 Posts
I was talking to both of you

MVent, What do you think they do with your parts like a bad Trans? They sell it and you dont see a dime of it. Unless it is underwarranty then it belongs to Ford

Tom

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
hehe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts