Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of installing a screen protector for the large My Touch Screen and was wondering if I even need to do so. And If I do does anyone have any suggestions? I personally was going to cut a Zagg Invisible shield screen protector for a Samsung Galaxy tab.I asked my Ford dealership and they said they do not have a screen protector.

Thanks, Bob

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
I don't believe there is a "official" Screen protector out yet, or even if they will be.

if your set on a protector then you will have to cut one to fit as you stated. However the purpose for a Screen protector for the most part is to protect it from scratches, now since the screen in the car won't be going in and out of your pocket or bag like a cell phone would, there is less likely of a chance that a scratch or damage will occur. The protector may cut pack on finger prints on the screen but not likely. So cutting one to size is most likely your only option, but in my opinion its not really needed.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
my only thought on this is what type of touch screen it is and how its calibrated. some touch screens are a little harder to use after putting a protector on it due to the extra thickness. some screens are based on heat applied to them (hence your phone clicking something with your finger close and not actually touching it) while others are pressure sensitive and a protector might require pushing the screen harder than before to make it work

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good points. As far as what I have read the MyFord Touch screen is a pressure sensitive screen unless I stand corrected. These protectors are quite thin so I do not expect a big difference. I will post back here the results that I get after the install.

Bob

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I'm gonna try the Nushield on my Clarion VX 400 double din radio in my Focus .

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the protector today. I have installed it and the touch screen is working A-OK. I like the new look it actually appears to make the display look better as far as the colors look brighter to me.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts