Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(Pics to come after the sun returns next week)

Got it last night (car details in sig)!

Dealer: they walked away with $500 less than I was wanting give them. Story time!

I walked in wanting $500 off the price due to a new incentive the dealer was giving new orders. After some negotiation and deal-making that didn't even come close to a $500 value to me, this happened:

salesman: "William, screw the $500 off, we're going to give you $1000."
me: "Wat."
salesman: "Yeah, some new program or something..."

We then altered the "the-right-price" worksheet to show the $1000 lower price. I was thinking "I am getting scammed," and prepared for tricks so they could make that money up or get even more. They tried.

Into the back office to sign papers. We finally got the final sheet with numbers that said how much I was going to pay. I pushed aside a $395 licensing fee then a $199 fee (I forget what bullshit it was for). After the sheet was updated to the proper price, I got a lecture on how they can't always work for free and that I would never get this kind of a deal again (I thought "lol I won't buy from you next time then..."). The harsh words I received will reflect poorly on their survey. The total bill's math was wrong when I did it on my calculator once those two extra fees were gone. As I had suspected, the computer was add the $199 fee because she didn't account for scratching the hard-coded number off the page.

It was so painful to watch the dealership fail so horribly at screwing me over. The worst part was the business manager losing her cool and being so flustered over everything.

Total cost:
23 558 car (see sig)
100 federal excise tax
25 a/c tax
499 doc fee (it was OK with me when I ordered at a price of 24558, especially OK with me after they gave me a $1000 "discount")
12% HST
Total: 27 083

I was OK coming in to write a cheque for about $550 more than what I actually paid. I had a tough time holding my grin as I sped away. Either I did a very good job buying my first ever car, or they did a very good job making me feel that way.

With my salesman in tow after insurance was done, I did a little inspection of the car. Noticed the engine cover missing (not a surprise). Got a call today that I can drop the car off tomorrow to have one added...

First Drive: Added my Samsung Focus Windows Phone 7 phone to car no problem. After about 5 minutes downloading my gigantic phonebook (1200+), MFT operated smoothly. Have tried about everything. Transmission is great. My Mom didn't notice anything weird. We'll see how my grandma likes it. They've only driven 6cyl AWD Subaru's for the last ten years, so having them compare is interesting.

That's for now. I'm so happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is it common to be missing the engine cover? When I pick up a car I really don't know what to look for other than cosmetic stuff looking right.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Is it common to be missing the engine cover? When I pick up a car I really don't know what to look for other than cosmetic stuff looking right.
They stopped giving it away with the car, so any new car wont have one. You have to fight for it. Personally I don't care but if you do, you may have to fight for one.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

·
Registered
747 Posts
mine was missing the engine cover, Ti Hatch, made them order it

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I got money off just because i walked in the door. ($850 plus)
Then i got $500 MORE tossed at me, didn't hardly have to ask.
I guess it depends in the dealer how much fighting you have to do...
[thankyou][thankyou][thankyou][thankyou][thankyou][thankyou]

·
Registered
492 Posts
was the $1000 off maybe the delivery allowance that's been on for the past couple of months (since July 1 I believe)?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was the $1000 off maybe the delivery allowance that's been on for the past couple of months (since July 1 I believe)?
Already had that applied. The price we agreed on June 18th was the exact employee price and delivery allowance showing on Ford.ca

The extra $1000 was basically the dealership's $500 off promo this week that I wanted plus the "removal" of the $499 documentation fee that I wasn't looking for.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Awesome then!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts