Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, i started this project on saturday after noon, around 2ish. and i didn't get done until, 4ish, sunday afternoon, why? well i ran into a couple of problems. 1 was that i couldn't get my IM off, 2nd was i didn't have the screws for the tps sensor and last for the bracket for the cable.

I had to wait till sunday to ge the screws. had to use my old bracket and start cutting it with a drumel. then bend it many time till i had clearence of the fuel rail and linning it up with the TB.

AFter all n all, i got the sucker on, and i feel the different!! i love the new feeling. and im never going to stop with it!

----------

There was one bad out come of this project tho. after getting everything done, connect and working, i notice that my gas peddel position we extremely raised! it went from lazy foot resting position to cramp in my CAFF mussel.
Im wondering, is this what you guys mean by more sensitive pedel feeling? or is there something wrong?

i would love to have my peddel back to the lazy position, so if i can get some tips and feedback on this lil outcome, it would be really help full!!!

For the Love of MY CAFF MUSSEL .... PLEASE HELP ME!!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey with the CFM Throttle body so close to the CF one... do we need a bracket for the cable's s it can be held in place? or can it just dangle there?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
come on guys, help me out here, it isn't a pleasure driving this anymore....

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
The bracket for that TB is sold seperately for $15 from CFM. Because you modified your old bracket it may not be holding the cable in the correct position or pulling enough. That's why your pedal is so high up.

·
Registered
334 Posts
hmmm, i bought the CFM TB in August and it came with all parts needed to install. Unless your said specifically "does not come with bracket" I would call them up and have it shipped to you

I found install was only a pain because I did things in the wrong order. Stick to the included instrutions and you'll be fine

As far as the gas goes, you will get used to it, though if you have any other mtx vehicles in your family be prepared to stall out a couple of times :)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mine's a manual.

well i bought my throttle body off of ebay, i assumed that it came with everything because in the despection it seid, "NEw, box not opened". sure enough i didn't even have the screw i needed for the tps sensor... i was lucky to have my local hardware store open when i woke up.

i guess on ebay you can find gold... and other time you can find SHIT painted in gold.... ahah

oh yeah, i really hate my gas peddle...

·
Registered
334 Posts
mine's a manual.

well i bought my throttle body off of ebay, i assumed that it came with everything because in the despection it seid, "NEw, box not opened". sure enough i didn't even have the screw i needed for the tps sensor... i was lucky to have my local hardware store open when i woke up.

i guess on ebay you can find gold... and other time you can find SHIT painted in gold.... ahah

oh yeah, i really hate my gas peddle...
CFM sells the plate for about 15 bucks, that will set you up

you'll get used to the gas. Didn't think I would, but i did. Best mod i ever did!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah thats what i thought....

for everyone that did the 65mm throttle body upgrade.... did you guys receive a neww cable bracket? and can i get a up close picture of your throttle body along with the bracket(if using bracket please take multi pictures)

i think all i need to do is make a new bracket for the pedel to go down...

·
Registered
460 Posts
So, I take it the cable cant just be modified or there isnt a setting on the TB to adjust for this pedal problem you are having?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was thinkin of extending the cable a bit so it just fix it like that, but i would also like to know the root problem too.

maybe ill just extend the cable a bit.

should i extend the cable or just replace it with a longer one?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts