Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just my opinion from what I have seen and felt from dealing with Toms new kit.

The quality of the kit is definitly better than his old kits (no offence but the SPA manifold is a nice piece) The SPA manifold with the new wastegate adaptor to run the Turbonetics EVO WG in my opinion is better than the one supplied by SPA (a freind is having issues with his SPA WG)

The kit has a bigger intercooler than the previous kit.... heck its bigger than the one I have on my car... it had custom end tanks and the same IC piping as the old kits.

Now on to the turbo... the Comp Turbo is definitly the center piece of the kit. As big of a Garrett fan as I am I must admit that Comp turbos definitly have the shit together. We overlayed egbertnr's dyno to one of my older dynos and the Comp turbo WITHOUT duel bb's held its own against my beloved GT28Rs... with duel BB's I think it would be even or maybe even out do my GT28Rs... maybe.

Overall its definitly a top notch kit, with a properly sized turbo that gives a healthy dose of mid range power along with a strong top end.... I cant wait to go play with it this weekend when egbert comes up for a few datalogs [headbang]

My dyno

Nicks dyno

If I was in the market for a new turbo kit... this is where I would put my money.

Now I'm not saying anything bad about some of the other kits out there... but this is the only one I've seen in person and considering that it performs like my current setup.... I'm impressed.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
It looks like a very solid kit and produces great numbers. and Yes comp turbo has there shit together very well

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
....Oh you think I am going to let you play with my car huh.....

But I must agree, the Comp turb ois awesome. Impotant note, never ever use a used oil line!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
darn. my horrible timing strikes again.
i start getting a kit and tom makes a new better one. looks like i'm stuck with the old kit too.

blast!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
could you go with a little bit bigger turbo or something to put a higher number with this kit

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I am sure you could but you would obvioulsy be giving up some low end power.

·
Registered
784 Posts
time to rebuild the motor

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Heey, I have a Comp too!!
I second the Comp motion, very very nice turbo!!
Rich

·
Registered
169 Posts
i just dropped my car off at Toms to get fixed and may very well just have him rip off my blaast kit and drop in the new diy kit. this thread is influencing my decsion

1 - 10 of 10 Posts