Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Just joined up in search of some US Stock rear lights for my new car, thought I would show you some pics seeing as you don't get this model over there. In fact only 500 of these cars were made!!

115bhp @ the flywheel, and 185lbs/ft torque! On overboost (for short periods when you press your foot to the floor) it will peak at 24psi. Normally it holds around 20psi. Plus I get 50mpg!!

Imperial Blue - the best colour there is!!

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
875 Posts
Yet again, America is screwed with the Focus models. Gorgeous car! It shouldn't be hard at all to find US lights, either. It's weird how people over here want the Euro lights, and people on the other side of the pond want ours.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
America should be happy they got the Focus at all.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i hate you...lol...that is AMAZING!!! i want one !

·
Registered
703 Posts
damn i want your engine for my car ... and then put a bigger turbo on it. that would be awesome!

·
Registered
237 Posts
why don't they supply these models in the States? Damn you Ford! jk love Ford.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Because, until a few weeks ago, the Diesel in American had a lot of Sulfur in it, making it near impossible to pass emmisions on a small motor.

bostonshawn77 said:
why don't they supply these models in the States? Damn you Ford! jk love Ford.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
how do you make so much tq, with so low of bhp?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Horsepower is a function of torque. That means torque is independant. If it could keep making torque at higher RPMs, it would make a lot more HP. All diesels have a low Rev limit.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
50 mpg......don't think Exxon is gonna let that happen anytime soon! More torque than hp is cool concept though, does it pull crazy off the line?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It does go well, and on the congested roads it is faster than a normal petrol Focus, and it has better in gear acceleration than a ST170/SVT.

It has a 5k RPM redline, and really starts to pull about 2k. Gives a nice shove in the back :)

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Your car looks great ! [thumb] I'd kill for a nice turbo diesel drivetrain in our Foci, but I don't ever see that happening with the latest diesel fuel and emission restrictions/requirements coming up. Maybe next generation, who knows.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The clean fuel is here now. It's cleaner than Europe's. The door is now open.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
p0sitivevibez, the pull off the line isn't that great. It would be beaten by a 2.0 petrol, however once rolling, I can sometimes spin the wheels in 3rd :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts