Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well,

She's Gone.

Considering the situation Im in I have a very bad taste in my mouth and could no longer bare to drive the car. Anyone in the DFW area that would like a CLEAN WELL KEPT SVT Focus can purchase it here.

http://www.fordcountry.net/index.cf...904083&ListBack=1&VehicleOwnerFranchiseID=955

I left the remote start Viper 791XV in her, along with the 18' Exel wheels. They are asking too much, they own her for 10k flat.

*EDIT* I also left the BAER Frong Big Brake Kit on her, she'll stop on a dime.

I advise mucho heckling if you go buy her.

I called her "Scarlet"

-Technyne

·
Registered
467 Posts
they gave you 10k on trade in not bad I picked mine up a year ago for $13,250 whyd you let it go( if you don't mind me asking)

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
So what did you get?

·
Registered
975 Posts
thats a clean car im sure it will make another owner happy .. im in the same boat as u im trying to sell my car as well situations kinda rough but hopefully things look up for ya

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
TRATOR! You must leave the site and NEVER come back!!! lol
j/k

What are you driving now?

·
Registered
76 Posts
OK, OK, made me look. Since I'm nearby. Followed the link to an ad that made me LOL.

2003 Ford Focus 3dr Coupe SVT

COME AND GET THIS GAS MIZZER, SAVE MONEY EVERY TIME YOU DRIVE!! CALL ... TO SET UP YOUR TEST DRIVE TODAY.

Whatsa "gas mizzer"? Maybe they meant gas whizzer?

I can make my SVTF whizz thru lotsa gas when my foot gets heavy. Then pay dearly at the pump. Gas miser it ain't.

Price-wise, yeah they're in dreamland. Asking 600 bux less than my husband paid for this '02 w/8K mi on it 3 yrs ago, and you had 40K on yours.

Hope your new ride works out OK.
Claudia

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought an 03 Civic Si Hatch as my new hatchback hero.

I sold the car outright to them due to a situation that I can not comment on.

Bottom line I will never again own a Ford, if someone gave me one I'd probably burn it to the ground.

"Gas Mizzer" I think is a bad attempt at joining the words "Gas & Maximizer" I know, it's sad but sometimes Texas twang can even show up in internet message boards.

Did not get repo'd or any other such things. I just lost all love for Ford & SVT.

I have also stopped all R&D on my turbo kit (for those of you that knew I was developing a Kit) I wish you all good luck with your cars.

·
Registered
356 Posts
So you had a car, that you had so much trouble with that you sold it off... and now you say people interested should go and buy it? Why would someone want to buy a car that obviously is so frustrating that you sold it!?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Clegg said:
So you had a car, that you had so much trouble with that you sold it off... and now you say people interested should go and buy it? Why would someone want to buy a car that obviously is so frustrating that you sold it!?
I doubt his reasons to get rid of his car had anything to do with any (if there were any) problems he had with the car. I'm sure the car has been treated great and is still in great condition but life is so unpredictable, certain things happen that in turn causes other things to happen.

·
Registered
356 Posts
shit happens but when in your post you blame ford and claim you'd burn a new one... doesnt really make one think that the focus that he owned that gave him that impresison is worth buying.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Yeah, that's true...but i guess it's cause i have a slight idea of what happenned to him that i can understand his frustration and newly grown hatred towards ford. And i know that if i'm upset at something it's hard for me to just outright say something good about it/them/etc/etc even if there are good things to say.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Clegg said:
shit happens but when in your post you blame ford and claim you'd burn a new one... doesnt really make one think that the focus that he owned that gave him that impresison is worth buying.
Let me clarify,

I sold the car voluntarily for reasons stemming from a legal situation that I can not comment on.

The car itself, was a blast to own and drive and I loved it like I would a child. It literally came 3rd on the list, only things that would be in front of it were myself or my wife.

I am simply too sick to my stomach physically when I see the blue oval to own the car anymore. I considered de-badging it to make myself feel better, but felt this would be a disgrace to the car and I decided to sell it instead.

There is no question of my feelings for the car, I intended on starting another forum based website devoted to the SVT Focus, in addition to the countless hours I spent on R & D for a turbo kit (hoping to pick up where Tom is leaving off) that could be mass produced for a pricepoint below $4,000 for a complete kit.

None of that however, will happen now.

-Technyne

·
Registered
40 Posts
[sniff, sniff]

Smells like a cease & desist letter from the "good" folks in Dearborn, MI...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts