Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not boom, but cought on fire!!!
Driving down hwy 70, pulled up to a red light, and smoke poored all around. I pulled off the road, shut it off and looked under the car. I had oil dripping out. Crap I thought, just what I need right now, I have to drive to Cali on Monday as per my orders.
So I start it up, get it up to 40mph and shut it off and coast the 2 blocks to my budies house. Pulled it in the yard and popped the hood. BOOM, flames jump everywhare fighting for thier chance at the fresh air. Luckily thier was a bucket left out and yesturdays rain was in it, that sadude the flames a bit. Grabed the hose and sparyed the fire wall down. The oil must have pooled up on the cat, and started the fire.
So not only do I have a gasket to replace, but wires up the ass!!! I HATE WIRES!!! I HATE WIRES!!! I HATE WIRES!!! I get lost if the red wire don't go to the + sign.
I called the insurance company. I'd rather pay the $500 deductable, then have the vehical sit for the next 2 months, and have to toe it to WI after I get done with school in Cali. Plus my wife needs a vehical to get back n forth to work.
This just really sucks, I wanted to drive the car to Cali because I get 30+mpg on the hwy, vrs only 15mpg in the truck.

I need a hug. I wanna cry. Boo hoo fuggin hoo!!! Damn it this just sucks!

Stupid fuggin gasket!!! It would be one thing if this happened at the track, but cruising on the hwy just sucks! Plus the timing of this all.

Rant over, I just need some simpathy right now.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
*hugs*

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
man love

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
22k, S/C. VERY well maintained. Blew a gasket somehow or another.

·
Registered
352 Posts
poor 'lil SVT. Get Well Soon man..hugs

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Sorry to hear......I'll lend you my copy of Broke Back Mountian. That should cheer you up.

·
Registered
759 Posts

been seeing alot of focus pyro this month...

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
I think i have a complete wiring harness for the engine if those are the wires you burned it would take about 10 Min to change it , its all plug in and go , Its yours if you can use it

Tom

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
1turbofocus said:
I think i have a complete wiring harness for the engine if those are the wires you burned it would take about 10 Min to change it , its all plug in and go , Its yours if you can use it

Tom
It's things like this that make me love this list!

·
Registered
291 Posts
i take it your stationed on cherry point?

·
Registered
378 Posts
What kinda of SC did you have? Really sorry to hear that.

Side note
I was Stationed at MCAS new river from 97 to 02 (Hmm162)

·
Registered
291 Posts
offtopic, i work with a bunch of 162 guys now there at 204 training on the osprey, pretty soon they are going to stand up and be vmm-162

·
Registered
378 Posts
me_john85 said:
offtopic, i work with a bunch of 162 guys now there at 204 training on the osprey, pretty soon they are going to stand up and be vmm-162
Yea

*Cough* Phrogs 4-ever *cough* even though I work on F-16C/D now (Civilian/gaurd)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tom, you are deff the MAN!!! The harness on the back, and drivers side are tost!!! Plus, I just spent $100 bucks on two new 02 sensors, and those wires got burnt up as well! I have not got underneith the car yet, (it's too damn low.) it's sitting at my budies house 20 miles away. But I'm pretty sure it's the oil pan gasget. I could see no oil up top, or around the head, but it deff pooled onto the cat. I'm sure I messed something up hosing it down too, but I'd rather not sit and watch the car burn. Tom, I'll PM you my address if you really do have one just laying around. Let me know, I can at least pay for shipping!

Thanks guys for all the hugggs. lol I hope this works out in the long run. Hell, maybe now I can get a clutch in it while it's apart.??? I dunno, that's alot of cash right now.

·
Registered
814 Posts
wow, that sux...sorry to hear. I hope it all works out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts