Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
You like this.
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took her to Milan this weekend, it was high school nationals. I had to leave before the actual bracket racing, but got 3 trial runs down. totally stock on 93 octane, NO traction control.

1st run-
reaction: .8589
60 ft: 2.54
1/4 mile in 16.41 sec @ 88.01mph

2nd run-
reaction: .3131
60 ft: 2.62
1/4 mile in 16.50 @ 88.78mph

3rd run-
reaction: .3981
60 ft: 2.59
1/4 mile in 16.61 @ 87.89mph

I really cant explain the slower times after the first... i had less than an 1/8 tank of gas. maybe the track? it did get hotter during the day. its worth mentioning my tires... they are the OEM Conti's with 35xxx miles on them, down at the wear bars. on the second run i sat around 4000 revs after the launch for about 2 seconds due to no traction, but my clutch still grabs like a champ

I am a little dissappointed, but happy I ran faster than an SVT contour w/ mods (16.8s)

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
You should never never never race the Focus with less then half a tank , The fuel pump is located at the front of the tank so when you take off your fuel goes to the back of the tank and no more fuel to keep fuel in the fuel pump cannister and to be safer and it may run a little better get the 100 or 105 at the track for better and safer passes

Tom

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Not bad for your first time. The SVT is not an easy car to launch. You'll get better with time.

·
You like this.
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well im a rookie but thanks tom, im always learning.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
You should never never never race the Focus with less then half a tank , The fuel pump is located at the front of the tank so when you take off your fuel goes to the back of the tank and no more fuel to keep fuel in the fuel pump cannister and to be safer and it may run a little better get the 100 or 105 at the track for better and safer passes

Tom
I can run 100 or 105 in my svt and it wont mess up anything?[offtopic]

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
wooot nice info about the half tank... i always thought it would be stupid running like that... the stupid now is me lol

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
You should never never never race the Focus with less then half a tank , The fuel pump is located at the front of the tank so when you take off your fuel goes to the back of the tank and no more fuel to keep fuel in the fuel pump cannister
thanks for that info.. i've always believed less gas = less weight = better.. but i guess it's not always the case

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
^ igual io chiko bamo a perriar un rato puuuuum parumpa puuummm parumpa pummmmmm paruma pum

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
not sure but dude 16.5 is slow for an svt you can definitely get that down to a high 15...

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
15.1 was my BEST N/A. I ran in the heat and i did 15.8's to 16.0...pissing me off....you need cool weather. Feb. or winter time is the best.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts