Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunroof broken. [hihi]

It doesn't slide back or closed when cracked. Only the front half of the button works.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really hope so. Any way to redneck engineer it? I guess I could jump the pins and just close the circuit old school style to see if it's just the switch that is screwed.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
You could do that, but typically if it goes one way and not the other its the switch.

Might be a motor though...[;)]

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't even say that. lol

·
Registered
744 Posts
Completely off topic but while I was reading this Focusin's signature with the bug freaked the hell out of me lol. Hope you get the sunroof issue resolved though!

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i had a simliar problem...kinda..if i tried to close it when tipped it would go down and then come back up...took an average of 3 times to get it to close...

replaced the switch 3 times, then the motor, and then finally they replaced the whole damn thing and it fixed it...3 days before my warranty expired hahaha

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i had a simliar problem...kinda..if i tried to close it when tipped it would go down and then come back up...took an average of 3 times to get it to close...

replaced the switch 3 times, then the motor, and then finally they replaced the whole damn thing and it fixed it...3 days before my warranty expired hahaha
Mother [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)].

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
you can borrow my switch to test if you would like [:D]

·
Salmontheotherpinkmt
4,043 Posts
I really hope so. Any way to redneck engineer it? I guess I could jump the pins and just close the circuit old school style to see if it's just the switch that is screwed.
sounds easyer than my thunderbird^^i had to take it apart and use vice grips to close it untill i could get a new switch.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it was nice for me since I don't use A/C any more.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Found it on a forum for VW while looking for info on the wifes car.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
I have had problems with my sunroof for about a year now..It doesnt go down properly.. and I have to hit the button twice to get it to open all the way... It doesnt bother me too much.. I used to use it all the time, now its a pain so I dont bother

1 - 20 of 88 Posts