Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CD player wont accept CD's for no reason. There's no error code it just goes blah.Then the radio dial is like backwards, when I turn it to the right sometimes the sounds goes down instead of up. I dunno, that stuff just gets so annoying after awhile.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
You're lucky!

Mine must have overdosed! It would turn on and off every 2 seconds. I would turn the car off and take the key out and it would still be going. I had to disconnect the battery everytime I parked it. The dealer wanted nothing to do with it until I caused a scene and he put a piece of crap aftermarket cdplayer in and tried to tell me he spent $300 when its retail price was $80.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Your right your stereo is on drugs. My stereo did that on my first focus and I just took it out and dropped in a pioneer.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
lol damn

i love making scenes like that.......

but over all i don't mind my stock deck......

·
WHITE ON BLACK :)
1,940 Posts
ya i dont see why anyone has the stock hu in. i had a pioneer in since the dday i bought my car and now im trying to sell and put the stock one it sounds like ass.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Mine does the funky dial thing but not the cd thing. Pretty annoying.
It's really awesome when I'm blasting music and start slowing down, when I turn it down it goes even higher.

·
Registered
645 Posts
i got a 6 CD changer and for some reason when i put a CD it dosent take it the first time, and then starts to make a weired noise. i have to then skip to another CD and then to the one a want to play.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I dunno, I actually don't mind the stock head units. Sure, I could get a better head unit - but that would also involve spending money on something I already have. Chances are good that I really won't notice the difference until I've spent more than $300. I can spend that elsewhere.

(not too keen on spending money)

·
Registered
37 Posts
ok, mine does that retarded getting louder when i'm turning it down, which is especially bad when i'm trying to answer the phone or something and it just starts blasting loud when i turn it down. it helps if i turn the dial super fast.

also, it has eaten 4 of my cds. it wont play any of them, eject any of them, or accept any more. it just says 'cd error'
AND when i start the engine, it makes this awful clicking noise like one's stuck in there. it clicks for 30 seconds straight, says 'cd error' and then goes on playing the radio. i havent even touched anything! i think it may have been cuz all i played in it were CD-Rs......i dunno but its really pissin me off and i cant buy a new stereo right now.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I get the infamous cd error. Sometimes in the middle of the song it will stop playing for over a minute, then go to the first song on the cd.

The best was this MP3 cd that I made, no scratches just burned and its quality media and a quality burner that I've used before no problems. I put the cd in it says cd error. I don't know how i figured it out, but if I navigate to folder 5 and wait about a minute, it will play the first song but it will be skipping. Then I can move back or forward, but I get less errors if I move forwards. I'm replacing it hopefully this week but I don't know what with!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
You have to sing to the HU in a soothing melody. Tell it you love it and appreciate it. That sometimes helps.

I have my stock HU in b/c my Kenwood got stolen. Stuff gets stolen here, thus the stock HU back in.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
when i get my blaupunkt melboure i'm beating my old hu with a large stick!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts