Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quicky, I know this would have helped me when I was looking for info on this.

I just received my FC Race Short Throw shifter today. Super excited. Was simple to install. The hardest part was taking off that thing thats on the shifter that holds the top shift rod. Had to really yank on it. Took 10 minutes. Over all I just have to say I'm not super impressed. It's basicly a stock shifter with the top 3 inches cut off and threaded. I guess I'm just used to my honda and the short throw I have on there, the throws from neutral are probably 1 inch. (sounds too short but it feels great, and is alot of fun to drive) The throws on the Race shifter are alot longer. I'm sure its wonderful if it's your first short shifter and dont want anything TOO extreme, but if you're looking for something really tight and super low I wouldn't recomend this one. I put it on and cut an inch off of it right away. Just my taste.

Hope this helps someone.

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
So you cut the race shifter even shorter much lower and youll have to reach inside the center consule

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Jeez, you cut another inch off? That thing must be looooooooow. Glad you like it though.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Okay.

I heart my FC Race Shifter. Love the looks, no reverse lock-out and I didn't think the throws were a lot longer. You can't win them all I suppose.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
All your base are belong to Steeda short throw with pimpy billet aluminum reverse lockout. I really dig the added centering return spring. Its not something that's advertised as a feature, but it cleans up all the slop from the factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts