Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been doing my research and searching the forums, and I'm come up with the setup I'm going to go with for my 2007 ZX4 sedan

-OBX Header
-FSWERKS cool-flo race Intake
-FSWERKS street performance exhaust system
-tb1999's $0 Thunder Throttle

This is it for now! If any of you have any suggestions or comments lemme know!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll actually do that, im thinking a magnaflow high flow cat or are there any other good ones out there? maybe flowmaster?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any suggestions where to get one for a 2007 d20? i did a lil looking around but didnt come up with much..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't tell you how it is yet but I just ordered a Flowmaster HFC.
i think im just gonna skip the cat, i dont really care about emissions being that i live in minnesota and thanks to jesse ventura we dont have emission testing[cool]

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
When you add the header your exhaust will be fairly loud, even with a stock exhaust. If you have an aftermarket system it will be really loud. It will also have the raspy bee's in the exhaust sound, a high flow cat will resonate both the loud exhaust and the bees.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When you add the header your exhaust will be fairly loud, even with a stock exhaust. If you have an aftermarket system it will be really loud. It will also have the raspy bee's in the exhaust sound, a high flow cat will resonate both the loud exhaust and the bees.
True true but thats why i think im gonna spend extra for the stealth fwerks system. if i went with a cat too id probably spend less on the system and just get the street performance, which is louder, so wouldnt it just even out? the stealth system with no cat and the street performance with a cat?

however, id get the bees still with just the stealth?

and dont worry i care about the environment but when im only making small trips to work n back i didnt think the cat would be warmed up enough to actually be really effective. And the jesse ventura thing was a joke cause lets be real that man was crazy

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I bet you still have the bees with the stealth. I think it's how the cat works that reduces the bee sound.

If you want to do a cat the street exhaust would be great then just add your cat in.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Add a 23 head & a set of cams,,,,,

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Add a 23 head & a set of cams,,,,,

Felix I think you missed the part where he's trying to look and sound the part, W/O actually being the part.
Poser.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Felix I think you missed the part where he's trying to look and sound the part, W/O actually being the part.
Poser.
Lower it & add a bullet muffer if thats the case,,,

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bet you still have the bees with the stealth. I think it's how the cat works that reduces the bee sound.

If you want to do a cat the street exhaust would be great then just add your cat in.
ohh okay that makes sense ill probably go with that then. the bee sound would definitely get really annoying over time

1 - 20 of 26 Posts