CAI
Cat-back exhaust
Short throw shifter
Tein lowering springs w/ aftermarket shocks
Front sway bar
17" wheels
Mud flaps (lol)
HID headlights
Ricey looking cheap tail lights (falling apart)
subwoofer

Future mods:
paint (I hate blue)
front bumper lip

Pretty much bought it to get me around town. The car is fun in the twisties but it is gutless. No point of making it fast since it will never satisfy me as much as my Honda does.

Focus are good cars, that's why I bought another one[:)]

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
your new car is very close to what my coworkers car looks like! freaky! lol.

·
Rollin' Hard
2,137 Posts
sweet!...
loving the new focus... and the mudflaps...lol
good choice...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Nice, I'm thinking of picking up a 1st gen Zetec too, to go along with my 08 Coupe and my 08 Yamaha R6, oh yea I ride too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice, I'm thinking of picking up a 1st gen Zetec too, to go along with my 08 Coupe and my 08 Yamaha R6, oh yea I ride too.
Not a big fan of the Zetec engine. Maybe nime just needs a tune but my last fill up i got 17mpg, one before that i got 29mpg with 90% freeway. My old 08 with Duratec gave me 26mpg city and 34mpg highway.

The previous owner must have hotrod the crap out of it, maybe.

I have ridden my friend's 09 R6 and they are freaking awesome, I just can't get one because on bike nights the majority of bikes are R6's. I like to be different and my CBR has no problem keeping up with them.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yea, not many people down in El Paso have R6's. Most have Gixxer's. I like my 6 but i'm probably turning it into a track bike and am gonna get a 04-04 ZX-10r or a new FZ8 for the street, idk yet so many to chose from...

·
Registered
897 Posts
Not a big fan of the Zetec engine. Maybe nime just needs a tune but my last fill up i got 17mpg,
[ohcrap] Do you run the A/C any? My 2000 zx3 with a (mostly) stock Zetec gets between 33-37mpg @ 111,920 miles (~95% hwy)... Or is it completely "tricked out", if that it's the case you can't blame the Zetec :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only known mods that can alter that is CAI, cat-back exhaust, or maybe even the bigger wheel size (17"). I run a/c sometimes. I really can't figure it out. Oh and the clutch slips when you floor the gas pedal, the previous owner said that the clutch was replaced. I heard when you do the I/H/E mods the car may need a tune, I have stock headers but should I get the car tuned?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts