Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got the Cosworth Delete from FS. I would have ordered from F2 but I had some trouble with them shipping on two of my orders and I was in a Time crunch and have to drive back to LSU tommorow. First off installation is super simple, but for some reason everybody fails to mention you have to take your belt cover off. I test drove the hell out of my car yesterday and let it set in the garage under a couple of white towels and I had no leaks so thats good, I used that RTV stuff and I ended up having to redo it because I had trouble installing oil pan back on. Besides that the installation took 3 hours, majority of it was me and my buddy just screwing around.

My Review:

I have 2.3 ATX w/ MM CAI, Full Exhaust. The BS Delete just lets the engine rev alot easier and fall alot easier. The engine sounds alot sportier and meaner. When you gun it and let off the gas it sounds pretty sick, and after 5,500 it screams pretty good. I also installed some Purprle Royal Oil, which could have increasd the performance a little. The car def [limp] has a little more pep. I would recommend this to anybody that has a 2.3 and thats about to do a oil change.

O, and the vibrations! I cant even tell there is any extra vibrations. But then again im use to the Stage 2 Suspension and that is rough as hell. So if you upgraded your suspension and you can deal with that you can easily deal with the vibrations from the BS delete.

Reactions: 1-ST

·
Registered
399 Posts
I thought I was the only one that experienced a change in sound of the motor. Well... in the car, it sounds a lot meaner, but outside it sounds exactly the same. I loved this mod as well. It feels much like the difference between ac on and ac off.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Never heard the suspension comparison. Quite true. Nice write up.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The oil was the major reason I also did the BSD.

I dont want to start a new thread but I have some questions:

Today I looked at my idle and it is lower than it was before the BSD. On my Tach betwen 0-1,000 revs there are 2tick marks. Before BSD the car use to be a tad bit above the second tick. Now it is idling right on the 2nd tick. Also the car idles alot better. It holds the RPM's alot better. I know im not imagining this because I hooked up the dashhawk and it reads out your rpms digitally. Is this normal?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
balance shaft but yeah...and mine actually idled worse after the delete so i put mine up to 850rpm on the XCal2, before it was set at 800

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
lol just have your 6'4" 230lb little brother help you.
I mean my little brother. I'll rent him to you.
You just have to get your car high enough off the ground for him squeeze under [:D]
I have to laugh im the little one out of my famely but im also the biggest one. my brother is 130-140 lbs, 23yrs old, an 6'4. my dad is about 200-210, 56 yrs old, an 6'4. Im 225-230, 21 yrs old, an is 6'3. an mom is out of the question.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.