Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a ZTW with a roof rack. I like the rack, but when I get up to 45 miles or so, I can start to hear the wind going through it. Seems to me poor design on the cross bars. Anyone know of any add-ons that might help?[???:)]

·
Registered
877 Posts
Doh, not what I was hoping for.. [;)]
And About your problem are the bars flat faced, Or rounded, Because if there flat they will make a bunch of noise, Im not aware of any aftermarket part that will fix that either, just turn up your radio. [thumb]

-Shawn

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
yeah, just turn up your radio, or you might be able to make something yourself that reflects the air over the rack. i have not seen any premade parts myself, but then again, since i dont have a wagon with a roof rack, i have not really been looking for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're flat...with a visually appealing curve to them...ha
I just thought there might be something that goes on the front of the rack that diverts air over the bars instead of through them.

BTW, is that a quote from Monty Python???

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
I don't have a rack and don't know if this applies to the focus, but my parents Windstar has a roof rack and the cross bars are removable. try that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Maybe a sun roof air deflector would help? [???:)]

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
XxDRIVERxX said:
Great minds think alike [:D] or maybe thats gutter'd minds [???:)]

-shawn
LOL hmmm not what I thought

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
how much do those racks cost? i need on one to take my board out to the beach and i don't want to pay 350 to the dealership. is there anywhere cheaper?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts