Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems my driving lights are brighter than my highbeams. Is this right? I have the new KS projectors, and inner two lights are the ones that come on when its just headlights activated and then the outer two come on when they are on highbeams. The outer two have that glass bubble looking thing over the light. I didn't mess up the wiring as it was a factory plug and play application. I forgot also these are the lights that have the halo's and are all incased in the plastic covered headlight like the factory ones.

·
Registered
13 Posts
mine are the same way. on all other cars the inner lights are the high beams. its not that you did anything wrong, thats just how they came. how's the fitment? my car has a problem on the right side so no headlight fits correctly. i want to sell my projectors if anyone is interested. i bought them on a whim. there is nothing wrong with them and they look clean with the halo's and all. i just dont like the double light look. they come with the $20 a bulb sylvannia's.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so when your drive with your regular lights on you have the highbeam indicator on your dash displayed too?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
lol bryan i assume u have tried turning hi beams off? maybe u switched sockets the outer 2 lights are the lows and inner are the highs

·
Registered
511 Posts
I had that problem when I bought projectors too. I don't know how to fix it, but Ill ask around for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
yes. the highbeam indicator is on while regular lights are on. doesnt bother me though. =P

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
so when u turn hi beams on does the highbeam indicator go off? have u tried reseting the battery?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats cool with me too, just dont want the pretty blue light indicator to burn out cause i like it. lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
high beam indicator is on at all times. i havent tried resetting the battery but i dont see how that would help. when i switch to low beam the indicator goes off and the high beams come on (bright as hell). im not too worried about it though. like i said before, im selling mine because i dont like the twin light look. also, i saw the hid's on a focus while driving on the freeway...so now i have to have them!!!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
lol man go for it i personally hate the hids to much of a mess i nthe headlight for my liking

·
Registered
310 Posts
whoaizmyflow said:
I had that problem when I bought projectors too. I don't know how to fix it, but Ill ask around for you.
You,projectors? Hmmm, lets go back like 7 hours ago!!!!! You were really wanting to buy them and really wanted to be the first one to have them but because you weren't first (or even interested in the first place) you bashed me. So, seriously, whoa is WHAT flow?

·
Registered
705 Posts
The hids are nice my friend has em on his SVT plus you can get rid of the grill lights because the HID's have a turn signal in them,

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
ya i wish the projectors i'm getting had a turn signal inside but o well.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
something here sounds seriously screwy. highbeams are always on the inside as far as i knew. and the whole high beam indicator thing sounds wierd, too. sounds like a wire got crossed somewhere

Mike

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I have the K2 halo projectors. I posted this in another thread but I'll post it here for quick reference.

The normal and High beem/Brights light switching are reversed. Dank also reported this operation.
meaning, when U have the lights on normal, the inner lights are on(Brights) and when U have the bright switch on, the outer(Normal) lights come on.

The fix:
----------
**If you decide to do this, do it before you install the new headlights so you have the headlight bay completely open so you have room to splice the wires.**
To fix this, I cut the green/orange and green/brown wires and crossed them.
DO NOT CUT THE BLACK ONE

Now the lights operate normally.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Does anyone know how to adjust the direction of the normal/outer lights ?
My passenger side is pointing a little high and I want to angle it down.
[?]

·
Registered
310 Posts
You should be able to adjust it from the back. I fixed my neighbors that way, he had the same thing, he actually looked like he was puttin' out a bat call with both of the beams facing upward!

·
Registered
89 Posts
currently i have no choice but to ride around w/ the hi beams on - ever since I caught air in my Focus - i blew out my fog light and our projector light bulbs[xx(]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts