Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, for those of you who didn't see my post in the coopers rock thread, my transmission went up while I was in WV this weekend. Well I talked to the dealership where my car is and they are determining whether they have to replace my transmission (i hope they do) or rebuild the broken one. Fortunately my dealership really pulled through and is able to get me a rental even though they don't have my car. I will keep everyone updated on the situation as I figure out what is going on.

Thanks again to Aaron (xecutionr) and his family for giving me a place to stay on saturday night, and to Ken for getting me home.

Reactions: xecutionr

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Glad to hear they're on the ball for you. I'm hoping you get a new transaxle since the old one obviously has some sort of issue. Above all, I hope it runs well for you when they're done. I haven't heard much about '08 transaxles going to lunch like that, so you should be fine once they fix u up.

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Well, for those of you who didn't see my post in the coopers rock thread, my transmission went up while I was in WV this weekend. Well I talked to the dealership where my car is and they are determining whether they have to replace my transmission (i hope they do) or rebuild the broken one. Fortunately my dealership really pulled through and is able to get me a rental even though they don't have my car. I will keep everyone updated on the situation as I figure out what is going on.

Thanks again to Aaron (xecutionr) and his family for giving me a place to stay on saturday night, and to Ken for getting me home.

well glad to hear that you got your rental, and if you want i will go up and talk to them at chenoweth how its a brand new damn car and should have a NEW transmission put in it.

anyway like my parents said, they enjoyed having you, wasn't a problem at all glad everything worked out alright. and at least it was right by my house instead of on 68 or 79 u no?

anyway imma add you some rep points [thumb]

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from enterprise with my 08 dodge caliber rental POS.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Have fun with the rental POS....keep us informed, and I hope it goes well for you.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Glad to see you got some wheels. Hope everything goes good for your FoFo.

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got off the phone with the dealership. They are rebuilding my transmission. One of the parts is backordered so I am not sure when they will be done with my car. Hopefully I will be able to get it in time for the garage day on the 8th.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've seen a few threads with people having tranny issues on automatic '08's. Guess the '08 isn't the greatest focus ever [rolleyes]

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Karl,

Did the dealer get you fixed up? What kind of progress has been made on your Fofo?

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They are still waiting on a part. As soon as that comes in and they fix it. I have to drive back out to WV to get the car

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
They are still waiting on a part. As soon as that comes in and they fix it. I have to drive back out to WV to get the car
sorry to hear that you have to drive back out here man, i can't believe they wouldnt bring it to you, oh well, glad we could help though [thumb]

·
Registered
0 Posts
Good Luck with your fofo, and beings this isn't a Bob Bell Catfish, I think Ian needs to bring over his NAWZ kit for your rental [hihi]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts