Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the interior of my 2010 Focus coupe. I used some plaid fabric I bought and then used fabric spray glue to apply it to the areas I wanted it. I then tucked it in where I could to clean up the edges. It was a fairly easy job and I'm happy with the way it looks. I also plastidipped the silver dash pieces and added a blue stripe to match the plaid and also my break calipers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That looks awesome man, I want to do the inserts and I am thinking of wrapping my door panels and dash in vinyl. Saw a video on youtube where this guy did his 914 dash with most of it intact, would make a sweet weekend project. Like the plaid, its different, im all about different things with my Focus

·
Registered
524 Posts
Could you snap some up close shots of the door plaid edges when you got a moment? I'm interested in doing this but concerned about how tight it will look around the edges.

·
Registered
101 Posts
There is a great DIY available here that someone did Snyper. I think this is gonna be my weekend project somewhere in the summertime, i have even seen a vid where someone did a vinyl material wrap of a rim. I did textured hammertone silver with clear metallic blue paint overtop on my rear rims, when I get front rims instead of the steelies I am gonna do a mixed media style design on the front.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't have a picture of it right now but the edges are pretty good. If you take the time and are an extreme perfectionist then it is possible to get it so the edges are perfect. This was the first time for me doing something like this so there are a few frayed edges that you can see but nothing very noticeable at all. The gaps are large enough on the door panels so you can use a flathead and kind of shove the edges all the way around. Im happy about the way it turned out. The only bad thing with plaid is that you can see where the fabric is pulled tighter so then the lines are straight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts