Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*UPDATE* My Own Thunderbox build/install *completed*

since i havent found a prefabbed sub box that fits my 08 i decided to venture out to the shop and build my own. first test fit and it looks pretty friggin good IMO..

ill be finishing up the face of the box and finalize the mounting today, also need to run into town to get the carpeting.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Looks good. You should post up all the dimensions for anyone else wanting to do the same thing! I'm sure people want to know. good job

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Looks really good so far! Keep this thread updated with more pics

·
Registered
258 Posts
Exactly where the "moon & tune" package sub is located. Looking good. What size sub is going in?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly where the "moon & tune" package sub is located. Looking good. What size sub is going in?
yep. my car has the moon n tune package but the sub just isnt cutting it. dont get me wrong not bad, but not good. theres going to be a 10" MTX Thunder 5500 going in there. and i will get more pics up later as more work gets done.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pics pic and more pics.

this is the bracket that i had to fashion up. It uses the factory bolt holes for the stock sub, and it fits like a glove.

installed

this the bottom bracket (nothing special, but very important)

box with panel blocks, pre carpet

last test fit, pre carpet

post carpet and final check.

Well got this far last night. Was hoping to make the 8hr trek home tonight so i can install the sub, wire it all up and enjoy, buut my sister thought it would be a good day to make me an uncle. so the rest of the pics in a few days.[clap]

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
WHOA you went all out on that thing! Major props to you there.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! The trunk floor will be the next project since i hate that formed fabric spare tire cover and the factory carpet is a little short by the new box.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Excellent job man! How much airspace does it have?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks

Excellent job man! How much airspace does it have?
i used the calculators on "www.the12volt.com" and came up with .76 +/- .02

MTX recommendes .75cu ft for my sub in a sealed enclosure.[thumb]

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Is that before or after sub displacement?

You can always throw in 25% of a 1lb. bag of poly-fill in the box. Just make sure that is loosely packed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i didnt add for the sub displacement

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Doood , that looks awesome. When are you going into production with these? I could use something like that for my 07 Sedan :) . hint hint hint hint

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Couple teaser pics

Promised my cousin id take her to see fast five, so this is all i had time to do when i got home.

Reactions: FocusedSlayer
1 - 20 of 42 Posts