Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i will appreciate if any one can help me!!!!.... every time i go over 80 mph with no AC my OIL TEMPERATURE GOES ALL THE WAY UP TO DE RED LINE...BUT IF I LET GO THE GAS PEDAL AND DRAPPED DOWN TO 70 MY OIL TEMPERATURE GOES BACK TO NORMAL.....NOW IF I TURN THE AC ON...AND I GO OVER 65 MPH...MY OIL TEMPERATURE GOES UP AGAIN....I LET GO DE GAS AND KEEP IT BELOW 65 MPH...THE TEMPERATURE GOES BACK TO NORMAL.....ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY... I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....MY SVT HAS 113.000 MILES,,,,IM BEEN USING 10W-30 EXTENDED PERFORMANCE MOBIL ONE SYNT...OIL....I CHENGED EVERY 3000 MILES...ANY SUGGESTIONS...??????

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
humm must be just yours lol I gotta 113 on mine and i never spike I am runing 5dub-30 mobil. and i do quite a bit of express way "sprinting" You must be crazy

·
Registered
216 Posts
When was the last time you changed your coolant and flushed your radiator ?

I noticed that when driving at 65 with the AC on, the oil temperature gauge would climb and eventually go into the red. Reading this forum I discoverd that the so call oil temperature gauge is actually just an extrapolation off of the coolant temparature.

At the time my car had 87000 miles and I had just recently bought this sadly abused example of an SVT sight unseen.

After a full flushing and coolant change the oil temperature now behaves normally.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
lol shift

1 - 5 of 5 Posts