Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading many post here for several days it appears that most of the issues are coming from pre-August production dates.
I see everyone is aware of this. Just purchased mine last week(11-11-11) with a production date of October in Dearborn. I must say after several days of driving i have had none of the problems that i see posted here, even the MFT has worked great!

So it seems that Ford has been working through the problems with some resolve. If i could give any advise it would be not to purchase one built before August....IMO.

I have been on forums like this for years, BMW as well and first year new models are the same regardless of make or model.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My production date is July 6th. So far no real issues, have about 6100km on it. Got it Oct 4th, with 2100KM on it, one of the guys was driving it. Maybe he had some of the issues fixed? I did do the MFT update to 2.11 myself a few days after I got the car. It locks from time to time, a little frustrating, but, that's computers! I laugh because when it was updating, it had a Microsoft logo, that's when I knew... LOL

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mine was built 10/26 and has no issues so far, other than the missing wheel logo caps, but my dealer ordered them before I went to pick it up.
I got an SE, w/ 203A and sport package and a manual transmission.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mine was born in Sept on a monday! Most of the issues and TSBs out now are for the earlier production cars. I did have the 11e04 recall done to my 5 speed last week. But my car is running great my none mft sync system works great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Currently I'm looking to get a Focus, but after reading a lot of issue about the transmission issue I'm not sure if I should get one. Glad to hear the newer production are not having issue.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Currently I'm looking to get a Focus, but after reading a lot of issue about the transmission issue I'm not sure if I should get one. Glad to hear the newer production are not having issue.
Im not sure there was an issue per se on the transmission. It was mostly an issue with the programing of the trans shift points and idle speed. The transmission itself didn't have the problems. I'm sure there will be a few that did but most postings were program related and were fixed with the update TSB.

·
Registered
155 Posts
There is a reflash for the trans shift concern but most of the issue with the trans is getting used to a trans with eletronic shifting and no torque converter. Although I bought the 5 spd I have driven alot of automatics too.

·
Registered
364 Posts
build date for mine was a day before my b-day... 8-24-11...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts