1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Nicely done, i bet i can still beat you down the track though, hehe

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
nice, i painted mine white, turned out well, no clue as how i did overspray, not to bad but i did, overall its good, did you remove the cover and heatshield to do it, well you had to on sheild

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. It wasnt that hard at all... just some sanding, washing and three or four coats of paint. The hard part was getting the cover back on with the gasket...there's no groove or anything that you can just drop the gasket in, and line up the cover.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Looks great, I have a friend who did his on a Mazda 6, I was going to ask him if he could help me someday, probably around the time I do my interior painting though ... so who knows how long?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Looks nice man.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I'd really like to try this but I'm scared I wont get my valve cover back on right...

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
03_SPI_sedan said:
I'd really like to try this but I'm scared I wont get my valve cover back on right...
The biggest pain in the ass was the gasket. You have to line it up just right on the head, and then somehow slide the valve cover under the timing belt cover and sit it directly on top of the gasket. I probably didn't do it right, because the next day I busted the gasket. THE GOOD THING is that the replacement Fel-Pro gasket isn't solid rubber like the factory one. It has a piece of metal between two pieces of rubber that keeps it rigid when you reinstall the valve cover. It's also bright blue, so when your working in the dark engine bay, you can see exactly where it's positioned. Those guys at Fel-Pro are geniuses. [thumb]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts