Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy from work wanted to pimp out his already pimp ride, and asked for my assistance. Taking a look around, i noticed he didnt have any trunk space due to the oversized sub box sitting right in the middle of the trunk. I suggested we (or i) should build a fiberglass box, itll free uptrunk space, and earn him major pimp points for originality... yes yes yes, i know, fiberglass boxes arent original, but i only build one offs, so he will be the only person in the world to have it.

i must apologize in advance, i do not have all of the pix taken during the build process... we do have everything from set up to completed in digital pixel format, but he used his camera for the first half, then his dumb ass lost it, so i used my camera for the rest. When he finds his camera, I'll load the rest up so everyone can see our process

Here we got the final layer on the top half of the box, a rough trim, ready for the sanding wheel

And the back side for shits and giggles

All trimmed up, speaker test fit, leak check bad

Found the hole, got a little to agressive with the sanding wheel on the dremel, fixed it up with a couple layers of glass on top, and a couple on the inside as well... i didnt take any pix of the fix since, well, its not that damn exciting

started carpeting tonight... finished carpeting tonight.. i think my boxes from now on will just have a layer of carbon fiber, carpet sucks

another view

trimmed up for the back

glued down and ready for the sub

sub installed, screwed down and in the car

another view

his new sub is jl 12w3v3.. its way harder than his old subs... we havent been able to test it yet, hopefully it doesnt blow the box apart... im pretty confident that it wont though... it only took us 2 weeks of building, sanding, testing and retesting to make sure the box is strong as, well as strong as fiberglass can be. ill update the thread with the rest of the pix when i get them from him. since i didnt charge him labor... well, didnt charge him cash for labor, in all this was less than $120 in materials.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um they are hosted on photobucket

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay i thought they wernt cause there so small, sorry
click them for a bigger pic... just had photobucket create code for clickable thumbnails... saves me having to write (56k no no) in the title :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts