Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all just got my completely stock svt a couple days ago and love it, puts a smile on my face every time i give it more than 20% throttle :) but any couple of mods to start off with or thing to do that would benefit the performance/appearance of the vehicle thanks!! [wrenchin]

·
Registered
145 Posts
Whats the mileage?, I would consider a good tune up, plugs,wires, and a new thermostat, as well as a K&N panel filter, after that a short shifter, with the lower (Dog bone) mount upgrade w/urethane inserts.

·
Registered
340 Posts
[welcome] I don't know what can all be done with an svt, but I would go for cai, exhaust, tune. The exterior looks really good as is too, only thing is maybe some headlights. Also it's a very nice focus.

·
Registered
645 Posts
WELCOME!!

K&N panel filter, then Off Road Pipe (or High Flow Cat), then aftermarket exhaust (will help quell the Ricey-Racer noise if you don't like that sound) and Tune (just brings everything together!!). ENJOY!

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
On the SVT a CAI is useless, a k&n panel filter is all you need for intake. The best bolt on power is a ORP (off road pipe, AKA catless). With a ORP and stock exhaust it will be a little ricey, but not that bad. ORP and a decent catback with resonator sounds great. Toms tune is highly recommended by a lot of people. A Short throw shifter is fun too.

It looks like you are already lowered, so, no need there.

I bought my SVT out of a dealer in Derry.

·
Registered
209 Posts
A tune is a must on these cars, it realy just makes so much smoother. After that high flow cat/off road pipe, K&N panel filter, short throw shifter, poly dog bone engine mount. Trust me i have done all of the bolt-ons possible on an svt and these are the only ones that are worth it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A tune is a must on these cars, it realy just makes so much smoother. After that high flow cat/off road pipe, K&N panel filter, short throw shifter, poly dog bone engine mount. Trust me i have done all of the bolt-ons possible on an svt and these are the only ones that are worth it.
Ditto,

I second his conclusion.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the CFM stock. A tune gets rid of the second sensor issue.
not to sound like an idiot but what does cfm stand for?

also where do i find the number telling me my car is number whatever out of bla bla produced?

so check list go's

*get tune = pm tom
*ORP = can you link me to a good one
*K&N drop in= CHECK! :)
*STS= soon soon
*poly dog bone engine mount= can you link me to a good one?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whats the mileage?, I would consider a good tune up, plugs,wires, and a new thermostat, as well as a K&N panel filter, after that a short shifter, with the lower (Dog bone) mount upgrade w/urethane inserts.
mileage is 117,XXX not too too bad and tuneup was done by prev owner along with the timing belt

also went to the parts store and they said my car was rare due to the fact it had SFI (sequential Fuel Injection) don't all svt's come with that?

·
Registered
145 Posts
In regards to engine configuration all SVTF's are the same. Unless you know who tuned it up and what quality/Brand they used(Plug Wires & plugs especially) I would look to see whats in there. OEM Motorcraft wires offer the best value/performance for the money and you can get them on www.rockauto.com for 42.00 shipped, just Google Motorcraft part#WR5974 and it will bring it right up, and spark plugs you could go with the stock OEM or the DENSO iridiums. After the shifter/dog bone mount upgrade I would recommend Tom's Tune, it made a big improvement in my engine and he offers updates at no extra cost for any new mods that you add to your engine(excluding turbo/supercharging) its not cheap, but its the best foundation to start with, and allows you to get the most HP from future mods(A must for an ORP), his tune shuts off the rear oxygen sensor.

·
Registered
25 Posts
cfm 67mm throttlebody also helps with take offs and throttle responce but basicly everyone else hit the nail on the head ,tune,orp/catback,drop in filter,tb,and rear motor mount and your set prettymuch, good luck with it enjoy it

·
Registered
209 Posts
CFM stand for central florida motor sports, just google focus cfm and it will bring up where you want to go. Thats where i get all my parts from, they have the ORP/HFC and the dog bone mount you want. Also you parts store must have a guy that hasn't been under the hood of a car sense 1980 cause it uses the same fuel injection system as every other car sense 1995 pretty much. I would find another place or oreder everything from rockauto online

100TH POST WOOHOO!!!![wiggle]

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
i wish i did a tune then orp first...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ya I'm in the same boat as Wesley4x4 ...... I take it all these mods would be about a grand right? I'm still stock right now but always looking to improve what I have

·
Registered
145 Posts
Tom's tune around 400.00, shifter-125.00, and dogbone lower mount 100.00 or 25.00 for urethane inserts(thats how I chose to go).

·
Registered
9 Posts
To get tom's tune.. Do you have to get to him or is this something you can order through him? Sorry I am relatively new to this. Bought a SVT that needs some TLC.. So I am looking to improve on this. Eventually I am thinking about spending the 2k to get an entire engine shipped bc the one I have now is pretty used.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Tom mails you a tuner and emails you tunes. he tuned my svt and it made a huge difference

1 - 20 of 25 Posts