Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well at least it feels new, i hit 30k miles a few months back and i'm starting college fulltime next monday WITH my current fulltime job so i'll be really busy. because of that, i went ahead and replaced several parts just for preventative maintenance. my car most definately runs smoother!!!

i replaced:

- tires, kumho ecsta asx 225/45/17, ~$365
mount/balance $70, alignment $70

- motorcraft fuel filter, CFM, $25

- pcv valve, autozone, ~$4 (i was already going to replace it anyway but i still went ahead and checked the original one and it was in fact bad)

- oil, switched to royal purple, ~$35, ebay

- oil filter, k&n, ~$12, autozone

- tranny fluid, switched to royal purple, $25, ebay

- spark plugs, denso iridium ITV22, CFM, $45

- hawk hps brake pads, $70, CFM

- and HIDS [:D] got them brand new for a really good price from a new friend of mine in baltimore, maryland [^]. i'll be installing them really soon.

it's been a couple weeks since i did the fuel filter, pcv valve, engine oil and tranny fluid, oil filter, and spark plugs. i installed them all at once and i just got the tires on this past friday. my car would sometimes not run real smooth from time to time but now it runs absolutely perfect!! no issues whatsoever!! i'm not sure if it was a combination between all of it or not but i think that the spark plugs probably helped out a bit. i've also heard a bad pcv valve will make your car run like hell too. the engine and transmission feel soooo smooth!!!! with replacing all these parts and with the way it feels, it's like i'm driving it new again! [:D]

i got a lot of stuff out of the way that way hopefully i won't have to worry about it when i'm in school. so glad i did. altogether, i spent almost $700. the tires being the most expensive.

the tires perform very very well! better traction, better handling, better braking, and no vibrations!

i know this is kinda long. i just wanted to share this with you guys, i thought it'd be nice to see all the regular maintenance stuff listed with prices and where i had bought them from and how i felt after installation. thankyou for reading

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh that wasn't long [:)~] it felt like it when i was typing it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts