Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new Supercharged SVT. (Dyno on pg4)

I had a zx3 back in 05. Then had a regular 3 then a speed3. Now I'm back into a SVT. 02 with 58,000 miles and something special under the hood. I'm not a big fan of silver or the ghost flames on the car. So I'm wrapping it. It's 3M's new color blue raspberry. I only have the hood done so far but will have the rest finished in a week or two.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Looks like my favorite stock blue in the pics.

Welcome back again!

Did you get the Tuner with that for future use?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does look a lot like sonic blue in pics but in person there is kind of a purplish tint to it depending on the angle.

I did get the tuner but it's the old school diablo. I'm going to get it retuned with the sct program.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
At least you got the current one...

SCT is the one that works now, Diablo doesn't even list the Focus on-line.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sick! Got any more pics? Kinda curious to see those flames ur talkin about lol.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Only 58k on an 02 with even less under the hood! [woot]

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a former members car so you may have seen it before. Here are one of the pictures that he put up when he was trying to sell it.

This color of wrap looks so much better in person. I know in pictures it looks like sonic blue but it has more of a purpleish blue color to it. I just have the hood and fender done so far. I'm going to be working on it some more today so I should have some more pictures.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome, I saw this car on autotrader at one of those private "speed" lots not to far from me. Cool you picked it up. Congrats.

·
Registered
293 Posts
sick i like the wrap color you chose that sonic blue is my fav color iam painting my silver svt sonic blue this year finally.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sonic blue does look purpleish in light .

How easy is it to do the wrap? What's the total cost?
So far it's not that hard. I have wrapped a lot of headlights and tails, a hood and 2 different bumpers before. Plus I watched a professional install digital camo on my speed3 hood and learned some tricks on installing.

I bought 25 feet to start with. It cost me $220. Carefully cutting that will cover the hood, both front fenders, both doors and both bumpers. I'm going to try to squeeze enough for the side skirts out of it. I'll probably need another 10-15 feet to finish the back quarters, hatch and roof. Which will be about another $100-150.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got some more done today. The hood, both fenders and both doors are done. Unfortunately, the Front bumper is not cooperating like I want to and I'm not done with that yet.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Looks great, awesome price too.

·
Registered
620 Posts
That is really looking good! [thumb] How durable will it be compared to a painted surface?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is really looking good! [thumb] How durable will it be compared to a painted surface?
I'm hoping it will hold up. There is wrap wax that is supposed to protect it like regular wax on paint.
I finished the bumper today and will be installing it tomorrow or Monday. I'm going to move the battery to the trunk (I hate it being in the fender)and relocate the intake before I mount the bumper back on.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts