1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, here's a few pics of my car from our Tulsa G2G this past Sunday:

And here's an old pic of my plate.......just a reminder. [;)]

Pic from last night:

And my $3.00 ricer mod:

City Lights on:

Headlights on:

I don't drive with JUST my City Lights on, so I don't think the color will be an issue with the cops. With the lights on, you can barely see any green at all. I'm keeping my stock clear city light bulbs in my glovebox just in case. Doing this was a spur of the moment idea and easily reversible.

The reason for it?

[unsure] [thumb]

Oh, and I did some adjusting of the ST170s tonight as well.

Headlights only:

Headlights and Fog Lights:

Headlights, Foglights, AND Brights on:

With all 3 sets of lights on, I feel like God driving down the street. [hihi]

And here are a few daytime shots I took of Sonic right after I got the ST170s from 02AllBlackSVT:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i think that is a pretty cool mod man! just watch the popo's as having a green headlight is illegal lol

i don't think that's rice at all

awesome looking sonic!

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think that is a pretty cool mod man! just watch the popo's as having a green headlight is illegal lol

i don't think that's rice at all

awesome looking sonic!
Thanks. [:)]

Technically the headlight is not green, it's just the city light which you can barely see at all with the headlight on since the headlight is so much brighter. As for green being illegal, it is only illegal to have red or blue lights on a car. I checked the Motor Vehicle Statutes:

B. Except as provided in Sections 12-218, 12-218.1, 12-228 and 12-229 of this title, no person shall drive or move any vehicle or equipment upon any highway with any lamp or device thereon displaying or capable of displaying a red or blue light visible from directly in front of the center thereof.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts

Technically the headlight is not green, it's just the city light which you can barely see at all with the headlight on since the headlight is so much brighter. As for green being illegal, it is only illegal to have red or blue lights on a car. I checked the Motor Vehicle Statutes:
well i understand that...but driving around with just your city lights as you have pictured above would be illegal...that's what i was getting at

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts

They can still get you for improper lighting. The laws state only amber and white on the front, red on the back....trust me, I learned the hard way and it's not a fix it or ticket...

·
Registered
784 Posts
looking good, nice mod.[thumb]

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's why I stated in my original post:

I don't drive with JUST my City Lights on.......... I'm keeping my stock clear city light bulbs in my glovebox just in case.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
haha, that's pretty awesome. so long as you're not driving around with them on by themselves, i don't think you'll encounter any problems. but could always toy with somone sitting behind them at a light, haha. sweet little cheap mod.

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
i like those wheels

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Sweet ride . And I too like the Sonic Hedgehog theme you have going on.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Ataru is a ricer now but a very tasteful ricer!

lol

looks good man!

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the challenge has been thrown out. Someone suggested I should do this so Sonic's shoes would match:

It has been suggested before, but it never looked right on my old Team Dynamics wheels. It doesn't look half bad on the Momos however......

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
^ I think that looks sweet. Do it!

Now you just have to figure out a way to make a radio antennae mast look like Sonic's hair without being too over the top.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
You ricer.......haha jk. That looks way cool! I've always liked that mod but never seen it in green.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Dude that is freaky looking, looks pretty sweet though

1 - 20 of 31 Posts