Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well as some of you know my good friend was killed in a car accident just a little over 6 months ago. He was a passenger and was not wearing a seatbelt when the vehicle vered off the road smashing into a tree and light pole killing him instantly. He was only 19 years old, really into customizing cars and trucks and loved my foci. This was his 2000 chevy s-10 and since the accident we have kept his customizations alive. With the help of Constant Velocity motorsports we have begun to make Ian's dreams come true with his truck. RIP to a wonderful young man ............

As of right now mods include-

Custom billet 18" Intro twisted vista's wrapped in 225/35-18 rubber.

I say custom because when we purchased the rims about 3 months ago, we were told it was going to be 6 wks before the rims were ready. When you purchase an Icon wheel, you are purcahsing a solid block of billet and they then build your rims from that.

-beltech 5/6 drop
-drilled and slotted rotors custom painted
-color matched hubs, calipers and drums
-full face chrome grille
-angel eyes
-diamond clear corners
-5% tint all around
-2 12" JL W3v2 in a custom box
-1 JL 500/1 amp
-monster caps
-panosonic head unit
-K&N Intake
-Flowmaster 40 series w/ turndown

Mods in the shop waiting to be installed-

-smoked '93 caddilac deville tail lights
-roll pan
-shave kit (door handles, tailgate handle, fuel door, 3rd brake light)
-door poppers and tailgate handle relocator

-Custom all chrome 4-link air bag setup will be installed within the next few months probably october-november along with custom paint after the bags and shaving's all done.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my good friends s-10 he would really have appreciated it along with all your comments.

Hey I wonder who's little focus that is ??

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
thats pretty trick lookin truck!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
That looks pretty good, man.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Gorgeous truck though, love the color!

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
I left mini trucking for this car. Thats a clean ride....but the first rule of mini trucking is shave.

Install a rollpan and your done pretty much. Great color.

I was envious of the s-10 guys...I slammed a Ranger and my entire suspension was pretty much custom in order to have a corrected camber.

have you ever seen a ranger on bags, lol.....the negative camber is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
now thatssss what im talkin about!!! i love my focus..but i LOVEEE me some sport/mini trucks...If i didnt have a 1 yr old when I got my focus, I would have def gotten a truck.

Looks great, good luck with the rest... RIP to your friend, but its awesome that your keeping his truck alive.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
That's awesome what they are doing with his truck. I'm sure he's lookin' down with a smile on his face[thumb]

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I used to be WAY into turckin when I had my Mazda B2200...ever since it died I really haven't kept up with it though. I didn't even think about getting a truck when I was looking for a new car.

GET THAT ROLLPAN ON THERE ASAP!

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ZX3_Chick said:
That's awesome what they are doing with his truck. I'm sure he's lookin' down with a smile on his face[thumb]
thanks everyone for all the great comments, keep 'em comin'. And ASH that puts a little quiver in my stomach and a tear in my eye, thanks.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Looks awesome, i used to be in mini-trucks, had a 97 s-10. Can i make one sugesstion? Get a really flat bed cover. With the roll pan and shaved rear end that would finish it up perfect.

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Agreed on the really flat toneau, I just don't know if we wanna hide all that chrome from the bag setup. And the shaving and roll pan are are being worked on as we speak.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The truck looks cool as hell, and you and your friends are doing something admirable.

Suggest rear disks..

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Oh, didnt know it was all chrome. Hmmm, we always just got stuff that worked, didnt matter if it was chrome, we just covered it. How low will it go, do you have the bed cut?

·
SONIC ZX3
2,253 Posts
make sure you keep the stereo loud so your freind can hear it when you drive his truck. im sure he has a big smile on his face when he sees you guys injoying his truck. my father just passed 4 months ago from cancer. i have my dads 2001 blazer and i havnt decided if i want to do anything to it yet. he always wanted the extreme so i was thinking of lowering it and putting on the body kit. i sure one day he will give me a sign and tell me what to do. once again sorry about you freind. he will allways be around his truck you can count on that.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Good looking truck. It looks like its coming along nicely. Mini truckn' is huge around here. Here is an example of a truck that was at the car show my car club hosted a few weeks ago.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts