Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is what was on the car when i got it..

My new shortram

And after the install.. much better now [:D]

·
Banned
621 Posts
Looks Puurty, How's it feel and sound compared to the old one?

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Nice. Looks good.

·
Registered
222 Posts
It should sound and feel basically the same. The only actual diff. is you have a metal intake tube now right? IMO

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No not much defrent. But the way it was when i got it was just the cheep way to do it. And i got a great deal on the intake so much better now. The filter that was on there was just a cheep 10$ autozone one so im getting better air flow with this one.

·
Registered
579 Posts
intake

looks good. [thumb]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Looks nice man. If I was spending the cash for a new intake though, it wouldn't be anything but a real CAI. Fab up a splash guard or a get one of those wrap things to keep water out and you're golden. Still, can't go wrong with AEM.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
I'd get a CAI, but I don't like the risk of hydrolock. . . . .

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I'd get a CAI, but I don't like the risk of hydrolock. . . . .
Personally I think it's a bit over played. I hear about more people blowing up Getrag's than hurting thier engine from hydrolock.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Well, my gf's brother hydrolocked his engine in his neon. Wasn't even that bad of rain.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Let's see if this works. . . . . .

^^My intake.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Well, my gf's brother hydrolocked his engine in his neon. Wasn't even that bad of rain.
He must have run the thing through a large puddle of water that completely submerged the filter in water. I've had mine for quite some time and have experienced numerous rainy drives. I do have an Outerwear Cover which helps keep the filter dry. In Focistang85s case, this is a non-issue since he installed a short ram. Looks great, by the way!

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Haha, right on. I got mine from my gf for Christmas the year before last.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Check and make sure nothing is rubbing on the throttle cable.

S

·
0 Posts
Haha, thats funny. I was reading this and when I read svtryan's post I thought "hey, my kid is having the same problem" Then I looked at who the post was from and realized, hey, thats my son! We will check the throttle cover housing and see if we have it binding or rubbing something.... Wait a minute, I know what it is, I lost my class ring that day...... bet I know where it went now! j.k......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts