Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my 2003 focus which i got a week ago brand spankin, i'm only 19 so the choice of cars was limited as i'm a uni student but OMG focus is awesome for budget, i did lots of reviews and the focus seemed to come out on top so here is the pics of her completly stock and will be for a long time lol, so yeh i like it lots much better than my other car (1974 mini)

i'm thinking of changing the front fog lights to the st170 style (little round ones) and the side indicator lenses to clear items swoit, wheels and lowered will be next choice

i love the aussie spec front bumper so much better than others so i dont think i'll change it at all well maybe... in time :)
tell us what ya thinkz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
umm has the 16v 1.8 zetec which is well a little slugish but who cares lol as long as the car looks sweet

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
why you have st170 headlights and bumper ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not the head lights... the fogs below, i wanna change em to the little round ones with the aluminium surrounds,

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
no...
you car have the headlighst of the st170 and the bumper...
why you car have thouse options?
and not the regular euro headlights and bumper....
and yes...the foglight would be a great add on to the car

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
el_pio you don't know what you're talking about. That's a BASE model CL Focus with STANDARD lights, fog lights and bumper. They are STANDARD on all Focus models sold in Europe and Australia except for the ST170 which has black surrounds on it's headlights and smaller rounder foglights like this... it's at the bottom of page 1.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=595

And Brisfocus mate, welcome to focus fanatics, i love the Ink Blue, it's a very classy colour. Very nice choice of car. If you're interested in a cheap set of alloys, I'm selling my 16" Zetec rims in a few months (round christmas) to fund my own rim upgrade to 17"s so they're yours for $500 in perfect condition with 1 year old tyres in good condition. Check out my beast here... it's the Machine Silver Zetec

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=507

Other than that, keep tuning into the Australian forum and there's a Ford Focus Owner's Club of Australia getting started VERY soon. Stay tuned. And welcome again. [;)]

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
By the way, clear indicator lenses and orange bulbs all together will set you back just under $30 from your Ford dealership. Cheapest way to do it, plus they're original parts too. They look really classy on darker colours to, much more so than on the pale blue and silver cars of ours in that last thread. [^] Follow my "How-To" for installation instructions.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
hey man...you dont need to be that rude...
This is what i thought was an european bumper and headlights...

aparently the 2002 and up european foci recived a face lift on the bumper and new headlights...

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
sorry mate didn't mean to be rude. It was just clear that he said stock 03 Focus CL at the bottom of his pic and said he had no money so there was little chance he had ST170 options!! You're exactly right about the new bumpers and lights. That bumper in your photo is of the series I Euro Focus up until late 2002 and brisfocus, mine and all other Aussie Foci are the Series II update with new lights, bumper and foglights. [:D]

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
no problem man...
i knew he had a base model...thats why i ask why he had st170 stuff...i though it was an aperiance package...
again european focus get the best stuff a nice facelift...what we get a new engine over the same car...crap

Joel

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
nice car brisfocus. you picked a great color for it. also want to welcome you aboard

·
Registered
119 Posts
G'day Brisfocus, another Aussie members here. Love your car, I chose the CL over the Zetec as well, I think the darker interior in classy...

Love the name, thought it must have had to be an Aussie when I saw it! Good choice in cars, I own a Blue Flame CL, so you must have good taste ;)

Welcome to the Forums, hope you enjoy your car!

Cheers....... Tim

·
Registered
119 Posts
FocuzDriver - that's what I said when I saw the Focus in Australia, but it's pretty normal here for the base models to come out with steel wheels with plastic wheel trims. That way you're not paying for an alloy wheel you're just going to change to something more personal anyway!

I am not a real fan of alot of standard wheels that come out on cars, but they are getting better, bit by bit. The U.S. cars do get good looking wheels, in my opinion....

Cheers....... Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HEY!!! thanks all for the replies :) yeh i didnt like the fact that a 3 door car was way more expensive with the same engine so i opted for the 5 door, yeh well i could have had the 17" alloy package but they were $1800AUD more expensive and i didnt want the hassle of the lower profile tyers (being also more expensive when u gotta get more) i mean hey, i'm on a tight budget so the pov wheel covers will stay on for a while. i like the overall look of the focus done up or left standard, they are very classy. I will definately be up for joining the aussie focus car club, just would like some more info on it perhaps? i love the ink blue but however, it sucks... you wash it and drive around for a few minutes and shes dirty again LOL the light blue is also nice and silver they are perhaps the best colours in the foci.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Hey duuuuuuuuuude!
Your car looks good.

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
yeah the ONLY problem with both Black and Ink Blue was the dirty factor, can't keep 'em clean for long. I LOVED the Machine Silver, Ink Blue and Black on the Zetec and in the end chose the Silver, coz it hides scratches, matches with the silver dash/centre console/door trim/gearshift standard on every Zetec and just looks classy. Love metallic colours. My second choice was Ink Blue though.

As for the 3 doors costing more, that's because you get a 96kW 2.0L engine over the 86kW 1.8 in the CL, sportier clutch (stiffer and more feel), sports seats, chrome tip pipe, 16" alloy wheels, power windows, power mirrors, sports suspension and a sexier body with titanium/silver inserts in doors, concolse and dash with cleaner dials. Having driven both cars, it's worth the money over the base model if you don't really plan on sinking anymore money into it. Plus I absolutely LOVE the 3 door, unlike others who prefer 5's!! Everyone has their preference and I just love that it is the only 3 door model available other than the ST170, stands out more and just look more balanced. Plus it's the same as the WRC 3 door body which looks great, just like the rally car. All down to personal preference really and having a Dad who was able to fund me above what I could originally afford (also just a CL myself) with an interest free loan. What a legend. The 3 door Zetec model is actually almost $2k cheaper than the 5 door Zetec so in that respect I didn't want to pay that much for a few people to have an easier time getting into my car once a month!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts