Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trolling around on Kijiji I came across someone selling a euro front bumper in primer for the unbelievable price of only $90.
So I had to snap it up.
The score...

So I quickly ordered up some signal lights-clear and amber (the clear I ordered first-the amber cost me £0.99 and was able to combine shipping-couldn't pass up that price).
I wet sanded off all of the existing primer and quickly discovered a lot of scratches in the bumper so I spent the last two weeks prepping it for paint.
Test fit...

That included a lot of trimming to fit the foglights only to discover the Powerworks intercooler sits like this...

Gotta figure that one out still but I have some ideas.
Now in primer...

Re-touch some more flaws before the paint.
Now painted and cleared...

What do you think? Not bad for a rattle can job!!!
Decision time. Go with the clear or amber signals.
Amber...

Clear...

I plan on using oval Cougar side markers rather than the triangular repeaters; they just happen to be amber.
Which should I use?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I'd go with the clear. Great looking job on the painting and sweet find.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!
I truly believe that paint jobs are only as good as the prep work and believe me I spent a lot of time prepping it.
I also got some good paint from a shop and the tips really worked well (I did spend $20 per can but was sooooo worth it).
One coat adhesion promoter, three coats primer three coats paint two coats clear.
And I am looking for a lip-it looks like the bumper is a bit shorter than the stock bumper as well.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Awesome work! I cant wait to see it installed, especially with a lip!

·
BLÄKNBLÜƎ
7,146 Posts
sweet job on the painting. amazing results from a rattle can... did i say amazing

i see a Ford Sierra in the garage there

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
Looks good

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
woowww!! that does not look like a rattle can job at all!! great paint job. Id saw go with the clear as well

1 - 12 of 12 Posts