Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive been using the focus as a delivery vehicle and piling up the miles and it was costing me a lot so I took a plunge and bought a beater and actually my car insurance went down on both cars. Shes a classic 1989 volvo 240DL wagon 5 speed AKA the brick. Shes got amenities like heated seats , heater , roll down windows and manual mirrors and aftermarket stereo . Shes got the 4 cylinder engine with a whopping 114HP. I got her for $950 and everything works except the AC needs recharge . The odometer stopped working after 189k so no telling but hey wat u expect for less than $1000. She runs good doesnt smoke motor pulls strong. I thought that the reverse was broke soon as I bought it i was pissed but those crazy swedes make it to where u have to pull a ring up to put it in reverse. Yeah this is def a sex wagon haha .

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
okkkk tahts not a bad looking older car...

btw: the reverse ring is nothing new to me... my 04 Zx3 has one.. (maybe you were being funny)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah well i never heard of it before and i was like damnit i got screwed i was pissed cause i kept pushing it into reverse but it would go forward

·
Got Bewst?
2,967 Posts
That's a nice car right there. Iv seen some nice older Volvo wagons slammed to the ground on coilovers. That's what I would do but it's less practical than you would probably like. For me it's Form > Function.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its got some charm to it. They supposedly are reliable. She fired right up. Chattanooga is a very hippy earthy kinda town and it fits right in. She def aint my focus but welcome little addition and for $950 she runs. Classic brick

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gotta clean up that cargo area but pretty good shape its very solid

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice, I couldn't stand that color interior though.

btw thought of this episode when I saw that car. It's not the same but hell it's entertaining haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=fmIGL-USEGs
Lmao awe come on you dont like those high quality leather seats . Heres some bad ass snow drifting action lmao i should make it into a donk on 22's and flowmaster exhaust and some subs . Acutally some people make these into sleepers. Im glad i found a manual one i wont buy an automatic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Xq4M9u3SM

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
will get better pics tommorow

·
Got Bewst?
2,967 Posts
Gotta be getting pretty good milage too. Then again, most cars get better than mine ~ 22mpg at the moment (on 89 octane midgrade)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well we will see when I work this week . My job pays good money but racks up the miles. This thing sounds like a beast lol

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Bullet proof car right there. You kids, kids will be able to drive it.

You'll love this.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
yeah well i never heard of it before and i was like damnit i got screwed i was pissed cause i kept pushing it into reverse but it would go forward
yeah 1st gen Focus' have it. its a lockout so u wont accidently put it in reverse. i worked on a VW w/ that pattern but u had to push down instead. we all looked retarded since we couldnt get it in reverse lol. but theres some u pull up on, push down and some u just have to push a little farther over.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
hey I know it's not a wagon but YEAH I had fun with Forza making one of these..... 10.1 second 1/4 mile (wonder how it would do in real life) "boxy but fast"

OH but you're gonna hate having to replace the radiator, maybe its just the slightly newer ones but yeah. no thanks.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bullet proof car right there. You kids, kids will be able to drive it.

You'll love this.
This made my day lmfao . I hope she lasts a month. God knows how many miles r on her but she cranks right up. Sounds like a tractor haha

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Lowlife
4,862 Posts
I love the look of these things! lol My girlfriend said she wouldn't be seen dead in a wagon..she's gonna hate me when I find my winter car :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts