Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit a deer with the SVT late October. My brother had Foci he wanted to sell, but neither one ran. So I bought them at a running scrap price, for repair parts. Then I found another non running black '02 ZTS, and decided to use it as the donor, as the SVT is black.
Well, the ZTS was from Washington state, and despite it's 230k miles, it looks like a 2 year old Ohio car underneath. The PO put a fuel pump and relay in, but it still didn't run. Once it got it (towed) home, I looked it over, swapped some parts, and found the culprit: the fuse was replaced, but in the wrong hole!
So it became my DD while I set to work on the SVT.
After being able to dive into the damage, I decided to do some more involved maintenance to the SVT, and will most likely not be driving it as much now.
But after driving an SVT for 3 years, I have gotten a little spoiled. I replaced the 230k struts with an m-3000-zx3 suspension kit and new lower control arms (and stabilizer links,of course). New timing belt, PCV hose, and added remote radio controls along with a $12 6006 Audiophile from the junk yard, as well as a set of grey leather seats for $40. I installed seat heaters in the front.
Next is head to tail exhaust, and the spare SVT intake manifold that has been sitting in the shed since I got it.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Looks like it's working out for you, end up with a decent second & pieces to work with for the original.

Moved this to the "showroom" section as it didn't fit well in MkI Interior mods. You'll get a few more looks this way & can continue the saga!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts