Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got my car yesterday, this is the only pic i have its from the lot it came off. its a 2001 zx3 all tinted and automatic....... cant wait to start upgrading... hahaha this will be me all day today ! [driving]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, i am unsure of which exhaust sytem to get, well unsure of all aftermarket parts sine im new to the focus. i am deciding between a flowmaster or the magnaflow? also any otehr tips or suggetstions would be helpful thanks.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Congrats kid. Have fun with it!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Nice looking car that you got there.
I'm sure if you look through the forums that you will find what you need to know about modifications.
Or just PM someone that looks helpful.
Happy motoring!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do you know what motor you have ? mine just says 16 valve ? but all this zetec crap and whatever has me confused ?

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Yeah, the zetec engine is a fun one. Lot's of stuff for it. And I'd say go with the magnaflow, I love mine.

·
Registered
507 Posts
its easy to make the difference between American focus who have a 16 valve(zetec) and the 8 valve(SPI or Split Port Injection)

16 valve Focus: ZX3, ZX5, ZTS(sedan), ZTW(wagon), SE Sport (Sedan)
16 valve Focus SVT: ZX3 SVT, ZX5 SVT
8 valve Focus: LX sedan, SE sedan, SE wagon

the Hatchback version cant be offert with the 8 valve engine.

the Zetec is a good engine, the only way to broke it is to never make maintenance on it, i know a old guy driving is focus around 130,000km at the odometer without any maintenance on it before the engine broke...

i know another guy, who is always at the race track, he have around 150,000km at the odometer with a lot of engine mods, and the engine/tranny still in very good shape...

this engine is tough, believe me[;)]

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
congrats on your new car. the focus is a great car. do what you can with it and what you think would look best

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congrats! and you definately picked the right site if you want to know about your car !! If you can make it fit your budget go Borla- alittle over 4 bills.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Welcome to our world.I have the Magnaflow cat-back exhaust.....HIGHLY RECOMENDED!![thumb]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey, thanks for the comments and welcome everyone...here is a really crappy small pic that i took with my webcam out our apartment window.......the zx3 and the s-10 extreme are mine !
they look good togethor ! i hope to get some good pics soon...[thumb]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts