Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, being that I am back and will be moding the new Focus, this is what I am thinking:

I want to keep it simple yet affective because I commute to DC everyday so,

Diablo Sport Chip(Already there)

Iceman Intake, 65mm TB, Ported 2K Intake Manifold, Plugs and Wires, Full Exhaust, and of course Full Suspension from Eibach.

I will keep the stock wheels but up-grade the tires. DC roads can be a pain and I want it to look stock.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Just curious...

1. Do you have the standard performance program in your Diablo Sport Chip(Already there) or a custom program [?]

2. Do you have these or are you looking at doing these mods (
Iceman Intake, 65mm TB, Ported 2K Intake Manifold, Plugs and Wires, Full Exhaust, and of course Full Suspension from Eibach.) [?]

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The chip has the standard burn. Mainly its there because the car is an ATX.

The Iceman CAI and 65mm TB are from my other Focus. I took them out before the trade in. The other mods are what I am gonna start doing.

I won't need the custom burn with the mild mods I'll be doing

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
G[:)] Glad tosee you back, I have been wondering where you went.... You can run 17" wheels and the ride is not bad if you stay with reasonable rubber. Did you notice much from the chip, other than losing the speed limiter??

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shifts a little better. Dad noticed the same thing. Other than that, just a rev limiter thing.

Hey, I'm going to Hershey on OCT 11. My dad is looking at ideas for his Falcon.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Dang Jason, it's nice to see you back. I was wondering where you went.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i like the list... althought id ditch the mani and get some cam gears... u will see a lot more power out of those with a dyno tune vs the ported mani

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool. I am still bouncing Ideas.

I am putting a small system in also but the box will be fiberglass or CF. I am thinking of getting a rear strut bar also. I really want this car to handle. I think I'll get the Euro SVT wheels if I end up getting wheels. Otherwise, I will just get a nice set of tires.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i love the euro svt wheels... they are sweet. to save cash and get the best sound u might want to consider just plating the box in CF... look sweet and sound great....

keep in mind you can always port the openings on your existing manifold when u get it too and still be able to gain off that from cam gears....

gains from 2k ported... 2-3

gains from cam gears tuned- 7-8

all for maybe $100 bones more :) the install on a mani kinda sucks too, whoever tunes ur gears im sure u can get to throw them on

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, the UDP is bouncing around my head. I have to drop off the Contour to the dealer today and am gonna have the Focus on loan from my dad for a couple of days. Man I can't wait to get back in a Focus.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yeah I know about the Chip too, I unfortunatly have an auto as well. The chip made the difference for me. Basically changing the shifting time to when I would change gears if I had an MTX. Oh well, when you say full exhaust what do you mean?? new headers and back, or just a Cat Back?? Go w/ Magna flow, its friggin great. Anyway, good to have you back, all these reunions of people gone for a while, I love this site :)

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As for exhaust, I want Headers, Flex-pipe, Hi-Flo Cat, Cat-back.

If this gets to be to addicting, I might go for a Lentech or PerformanceAutomatic ATX upgrade.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts