Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as of right now I own a 2003 ford focus SVT with EAP, now how I got this car is a life changing experience itself. This story is also in a short format on my bio but since I used to live in Louisville (CARDINAL RED) I thought it would great to share.

Before I moved down to New Albany, IN of the summer of 2008 and I was driving at that time was a 2005 Sonic Blue focus ZX5. I was always down at the skate park overlooking the bridge to Kentucky, showing off my car and racing other ricers. Until I got a job at Home Express in Louisville, right where the wal-mart and sonic buildings are at. One night during the winter I was driving down the highway after a huge frost over knocking everyone's power out for at least a week, and then it happened. I hit a piece of black ice sliding down the highway at 70 mph and I hit a dry spot and flipped the car over 4 times. My seat belt snapped and I got hurled out of the driver window and I don't remember anything after that until I came to. Luckily, there was a car behind me and he stopped to see if I was ok, he called the police and tried to revive me. I came to and he told me what happened, saw the car totaled on the side of the road, and he said that when I left the car through the window, I was a quick second away from being decapitated or something else severed from my body. The tow truck driver knew a guy that bought engines from badly twisted vehicles in junkyards and told me someone would give me a call tomorrow. So I got a ride home and to work the next day, I get a call from this dude that said he looked over the engine and trans and said both are in decent condition to work again, he gave me $2,500 for both. He asked me what were my plans with the money, simple buy a car so he suggested that since his brother owns 44 automart, to go check it out. I went up on the website and saw the car I am driving now and nearly flipped thinking I could never have this car. I told my mother what happened since she lives in Michigan, and a twist of fate called the guy at 44 and told him about my life story, all the struggles of growing up having ADHD (Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder), being poor for 10 years straight, not having a father and so the guy figured since my life was going to hell, he was going to give me the car to get out. I now live in Michigan, I have a wonderful little baby girl name Gabrielle Renee and beautiful fiance and a lot of cats. Some might say this car turned my life around.

Thanks for giving me this opportunity to express how much this car means to me not only as my hobby but as my life as well.

Here is a few pics

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys just thought I would give my shout out to where it all started.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts